News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Plugin dimension issue

Started by tarantula901, April 05, 2019, 12:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tarantula901

I am using Google for translation. Sorry for the translation.

The problem I'm experiencing, the size of the images uploaded to the plug-ins, despite the size of 1200x1200 size, unfortunately, is being uploaded to its original size.

I want it loaded in the size I want. What do you think is missing?

Kindred

I'm sorry, but the translation is unclear and I am not sure what you are asking about.

What Plugins?

We do have support boards in various languages....
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Sir Osis of Liver

Do you want attachment images resized to a specific size?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

tarantula901

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on April 05, 2019, 12:46:27 PM
Do you want attachment images resized to a specific size?

Yes, I would like to resize both existing plugins and newly added plugin images.

The pre-sizing was working, but it doesn't work right now.

Sir Osis of Liver

https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2206

This mod will resize attached images and save resized images to /attachments.  Don't believe there's any way to resize existing attachments, other than doing it manually one file at a time.  There are apps that will bulk resize image files, but don't think they will work on attachments because of hashed file names.  It will probably break things if you try to resize existing attachments because original image dimensions are saved in database.

- R. Waters

tarantula901

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on April 05, 2019, 01:07:39 PM
https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2206

This mod will resize attached images and save resized images to /attachments.  Don't believe there's any way to resize existing attachments, other than doing it manually one file at a time.  There are apps that will bulk resize image files, but don't think they will work on attachments because of hashed file names.  It will probably break things if you try to resize existing attachments because original image dimensions are saved in database.

Thanks I'm using the mode you say.

The mode settings are as follows. image img_1

uploads new image when installing the original size. image img_2

What I want is a 1200x1200 size installation, so I don't think it's the size I want.

Kindred

If you are using a mod which is not working, then you really need to ask for help in the support thread dedicated to that specific mod.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

tarantula901

Quote from: Kindred on April 05, 2019, 01:50:32 PM
If you are using a mod which is not working, then you really need to ask for help in the support thread dedicated to that specific mod.

Does this smf not have the original image resizing? Does this feature exist without mod?

GigaWatt

Yes, it does, but only for the avatars and the image thumbnails when "Display image attachments as pictures under post" is ticked. It doesn't resize and recompress the uploaded attachments in any way, except the avatars.
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

tarantula901

Quote from: GigaWatt on April 05, 2019, 10:17:02 PM
Yes, it does, but only for the avatars and the image thumbnails when "Display image attachments as pictures under post" is ticked. It doesn't resize and recompress the uploaded attachments in any way, except the avatars.

We have added new images we want to combine the resolution of the resolution is saved in that resolution. What I want is to add it to the resolution I want.

Currently I have 4608x3456 I want this resolution to save at 1200x1200.

Sir Osis of Liver

Image resizing is not a core feature, you have to use a mod.  There is no simple way to resize existing attachments.

- R. Waters

drewactual

CSS. Use CSS.... Some performance scanners dont like it, but it is the most certain way to control image display sizes.

Go to your page.  Right click view source. Find the image in question.  Find the unique div id and/or class... Make entry into css file:
#(the unique div id) .(the unique div class) img{ max-width:*your maximum width wanted in percentage; height:auto

For instance, an image in a post would be:
.post img{max-width:80%;height:auto}

That^ would make images in a post (such as what I'm making now) no wider than 80% of the post area... Play with percentages as needed for your desired display,

Illori

css does not work well with attachments unless the op is showing the thumbnail full size.

Sir Osis of Liver

Works good with [img][/img] tags -

.bbc_img
{
border: 0;
max-width: 750px;
max-height: auto;
}

But not much help here. :(

- R. Waters

tarantula901

I don't have a problem with Css, what I want is the image I want to download from the plugin.

Kindred

Quote from: tarantula901 on May 27, 2019, 03:02:13 AM
I don't have a problem with Css, what I want is the image I want to download from the plugin.

What??

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on April 06, 2019, 03:41:16 PM
Image resizing is not a core feature, you have to use a mod.  There is no simple way to resize existing attachments.

Слaва
Украинi

tarantula901

Quote from: Kindred on May 27, 2019, 11:41:13 AM
Quote from: tarantula901 on May 27, 2019, 03:02:13 AM

What??

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on April 06, 2019, 03:41:16 PM

Due to these pictures, the ram is overloaded and the site is stuck. What is the reason. There are 90k pictures as attachments.

Sir Osis of Liver

90kb image files should be no problem on any decent server.  I have members uploading attachments larger than 6mb.

- R. Waters

Arantor

I think he is saying he has 90,000 attachments though.

tarantula901

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on May 27, 2019, 10:53:54 PM
90kb image files should be no problem on any decent server.  I have members uploading attachments larger than 6mb.

I tried to say that Arantor said

Quote from: Arantor on May 28, 2019, 01:34:44 AM
I think he is saying he has 90,000 attachments though.

exactly

As you say
------------

I'm getting an error like this. When I'm trying to upload a plug-in image

Error message: Your attachment has failed security checks and cannot be uploaded. Please consult the forum administrator.

What could be the cause of this error.

When I add 4 images.

Advertisement: