@mentions not received notification.

Started by PowerKing0687, April 07, 2019, 02:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerKing0687

Hello there.
2.1 No notification is received when @mentions in version rc2.
"Hayal ettim, hayalimin önündeki manileri tespit ettim. Manileri kaldırdığımda, hayalim kendiliğinden gerçekleşti."
-Mustafa Kemal Atatürk

SychO

did you turn on mention notifications in your notifications settings ?
Checkout My Themes:
-

Potato  •  Ackerman  •  SunRise  •  NightBreeze

PowerKing0687

How and from where?
Can you show me as a picture?
And which option need to mark?
"Hayal ettim, hayalimin önündeki manileri tespit ettim. Manileri kaldırdığımda, hayalim kendiliğinden gerçekleşti."
-Mustafa Kemal Atatürk

Arantor

Go to your profile and to the section marked notifications. In there is a list of options for when you can be alerted.

PowerKing0687

-Mustafa Kemal Atatürk

Arantor

No, I can't, I don't have an install handy to test this on.

But honestly, click on your username in the top left corner, click notifications on the menu that pops up, observe list of things before you, find where it says "mentions".

GigaWatt

Profile of User --> Notifications --> Notification Preferences

"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

PowerKing0687

Thank you GigaWatt. The section was mark; but there is still no notification.
-Mustafa Kemal Atatürk

SychO

Did someone mention you after you turned the notification on ?
Checkout My Themes:
-

PowerKing0687

Yes and did not receive a notification.
-Mustafa Kemal Atatürk

drewactual

does SMF2.1 use any of the jquery services for this or is it all served native? 

reason i ask- my site (however running 2.0.15) uses a premium notification, and it is also down.  for no reason out of the blue it isn't working nor is it posting any errors in either the console, SMF, or server.  I'm wondering, because i've been through every setting available, if the problem is one of the servers that coughs up the js we need for that function to work....

Massl

Quote from: PowerKing0687 on April 09, 2019, 05:24:37 AM
Yes and did not receive a notification.

I confirm, the notification appears only when I click on alerts.

Arantor

It doesn't auto reload the count for you, on the basis that your site is not Facebook and doesn't run on a massive collection of servers, and if you wanted it to be live, it would have to query the server frequently.

The count will change as people navigate around the site normally.

Massl

Quote from: Arantor on April 09, 2019, 11:31:42 AM
The count will change as people navigate around the site normally.

That's what I did for 10 minutes before writing  ::)

Massl

I tried with different users and with a new installation, @ notifications appear only if I click in the alerts menu.

Arantor

What, *exactly* did you expect them to do?

The number should appear as you navigate between pages, with you getting the list of alerts as you open the panel.

Massl

With other notifications (likes etc.) the number appears without opening the panel.

QuoteThe number should appear as you navigate between pages
as said before, this doesn't happen

SychO

Quote from: Massl on April 12, 2019, 02:17:40 AM
With other notifications (likes etc.) the number appears without opening the panel.

I noticed that as well
Checkout My Themes:
-

kruimeltje

Quote from: Massl on April 12, 2019, 02:17:40 AM

QuoteThe number should appear as you navigate between pages
as said before, this doesn't happen

What browser do you use?
I use Brave and had to "allow notifications", what solved the alerts count problem for me.

Massl

Advertisement: