News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Picture not showing on a mobile phone

Started by hfaruk10, April 08, 2019, 02:12:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hfaruk10

Hello,

Could anyone send me a helpful topic link about picture png format not showing when browsing the forum on a mobile device, showing though when using a computer.

Any help appreciated.
Thankx.

Arantor

Link to where this is happening? Odds are we can't give you a link to the solution because I don't recall seeing this before and need an example to see what's going on.

hfaruk10

Well, basically, this is what happened.

I changed the website theme, installed a new one from Smf tricks. Previously the pictures were uploaded via attachment option on smf and could be viewed via both computer and mobile phone. After I changed the theme, when I click on the pictures they don't get larger as before with the previous theme and simply put, they are not there. And this is happening only to mobile users i.e. mobile browsing of my forum.

I can post the link of the website (post) in question if you want?

I hope I made it more clear.

Anyone experienced this before?

SychO

in which case you're better off asking the theme authors
Checkout My Themes:
-

Potato  •  Ackerman  •  SunRise  •  NightBreeze

Arantor

You shouldn't be using attachments to handle new images for a theme, you should be uploading those directly to the server.

GigaWatt

You should also think about disabling mod_security on your server/account. This happens when I try to click on anything, except load the forum index.

Not Acceptable!

An appropriate representation of the requested resource could not be found on this server. This error was generated by Mod_Security.

EDIT: And now, everything is working fine ::).
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

hfaruk10

Quote from: GigaWatt on April 08, 2019, 06:38:21 PM
You should also think about disabling mod_security on your server/account. This happens when I try to click on anything, except load the forum index.

Not Acceptable!

An appropriate representation of the requested resource could not be found on this server. This error was generated by Mod_Security.

EDIT: And now, everything is working fine ::).

:D

What I had to do to fix the issue, was to enable guest users to view the attachments in the admin configurations.

Anyway thank you all for your suggestions.

With respect to Mod Security, if I get to disable it, wouldn't it be dangerous to website's security?

Arantor

No, SMF does its job at being secure far better than mod_security ever did.

Advertisement: