News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

You don't have permission to access /forum/index.php on this server.

Started by spiros, April 08, 2019, 08:25:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spiros

I use a multiple lookup system to lookup the forum among other sources. An example search. When results come up, and then clicking on the forum topic titles, I get the error:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forum/index.php on this server.
Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

The kind of URL that is created for topics has a form like this:

https://www.translatum.gr/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=a5dd5e9f8d10c13ef028f5732987f67a&topic=427118.0

Checking the domain Apache error log I see:

[Mon Apr 08 14:23:15.622633 2019] [access_compat:error] [pid 5024:tid 47639425021696] [client 176.31.xxx.xxx:53842] AH01797: client denied by server configuration: /home/translat/public_html/forum/index.php

I tried removing htaccess altogether from root and forum path, but this did not change.

Arantor

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

spiros

Quote from: Arantor on April 08, 2019, 08:26:42 AM
What are the permissions on index.php?

rw-r--r--

I've had Apache 2.4 for quite some time now.

I wonder if the URL with the PHPSESSID is a legit URL that should normally work.

Arantor

Yes, it absolutely is a normal URL that should work. Open this site in an incognito window and see that it also has those URLs.

spiros

Yes, I tried it on my forum too, but no such error was created when browsing, so there must be something out of the ordinary for that specific URL format?

Arantor

That specific format applies if you visit SMF and have no existing cookie when you get to the page (So that search engines etc. don't inflate online visitor counts by not having sessions)

Advertisement: