Top Posters, Top Topic Starters & Top Topics On a Board per Board Basis

Started by Doug Heffernan, April 10, 2019, 06:51:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Heffernan

Link to the mod

This mod will display top posters, top topic starters and top topics for each individual board on the message index page.

You can enable/disable the mod at its settings page in the Admin Panel as well as exclude boards from showing their top stats,

set the stats limit and decide how to order top topics display, which is based on their views or replies.

If you have any questions post them in the mod 's support topic.

This mod is released under Mozilla Public License 2.0 (MPL-2.0).

Biology Forums

I like how it shows it per board. I think you should extend this to topic view too

njtweb

Excellent mod. I would need it to be responsive for my site though.

-Rock Lee-

I could not leave you before the translations into Latin Spanish, whatever you tell me!

Regards!
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

sam666

VirusLucky

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: stoneageman on April 13, 2019, 05:55:10 AM
Love this mod. Thanks for doing it  :)

You are welcome :)

Quote from: VirusLucky on August 21, 2019, 05:11:25 AM
Hi, is it possible to show the plugin in the forum?

It can be done with minimal changes. I will submit a separate mod for that.

Doug Heffernan

The mod has been made compatible with the 2.1.x version. The BoardStats21 package is compatible with the 2.1.x version.

FrizzleFried

Attempting to install... I get this error:

3.   Extract File   ./Themes/default/BoardStats.template.php   File not found

I have not tried to ignore the error thus far.

;)

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: FrizzleFried on May 13, 2022, 03:28:31 PMAttempting to install... I get this error:

3.   Extract File   ./Themes/default/BoardStats.template.php   File not found

I have not tried to ignore the error thus far.

;)

I can not reproduce this. What package did you try to install?

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

FrizzleFried

I just re-downloaded the package (vers. 2.1) and attempted to install (on my sandbox site)...

You cannot view this attachment.

FrizzleFried

If there is supposed to be a BoardStats.template.php in the package somewhere... (which I think there is),  it's no in there. I just opened the zip file and it's missing.

EDIT: I think it should be right there...

FrizzleFried

I suspect Steve already had said file in said default template hence he didn't experience the same issue?

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: FrizzleFried on May 13, 2022, 05:35:51 PMIf there is supposed to be a BoardStats.template.php in the package somewhere... (which I think there is),  it's no in there. I just opened the zip file and it's missing.

I had uploaded the wrong package by mistake. I am sorry for any inconvenience. I reuploaded the correct one now. Can you please try to download the package again?

Quote from: FrizzleFried on May 13, 2022, 05:36:39 PMI suspect Steve already had said file in said default template hence he didn't experience the same issue?

Steve had the correct package.

FrizzleFried

Thanks for the confirmation I am not as crazy as I thought I was...

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: FrizzleFried on May 13, 2022, 05:43:52 PMThanks for the confirmation I am not as crazy as I thought I was...

It was my fault. In my haste I had uploaded the incorrect mod package. I had uploaded first the correct package and then somehow it got mixed up with the incorrect one. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

FrizzleFried

Working... however it needs a little tweaking.  Usernames are being cut off... etc...

FrizzleFried

BTW... I don't much care for TOPICERS (doesn't read right).  Maybe Top Topic Creators?

Steve

I agree that Topicers feels wrong when trying to read it.

Quote from: FrizzleFried on May 13, 2022, 05:43:52 PMI am not as crazy as I thought I was...
Don't be so sure. :P
DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: