News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Changing the calendar view

Started by Benqo, April 09, 2019, 11:51:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benqo

Hi,

it has been a while since I had to manage a board, but now it was to create one for my favourite sports. One thing I'd like to change is the way the calendar is shown. Due to the fact that I am expecting a lot of event entries, the monthly and weekly view is quickly overloaded and unusable. I would rather show all events just in a row per month.

The question is if it is just as easy as modifying the file Calendar.template.php in the default them folder or should it be covered with a mod.

Regards, Thomas

Kindred

well, the display is handled in the template file - but the contents available to be displayed are handled in source files...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Benqo

Hi,

I would not try to change the content, only the way it is displayed. The theme I'm currently using does not have any Calendar template, so the default one is used (with the styling from the theme).

Still in question is if I should create a custom calendar template within my theme, modify the original one in the default theme or create a mod for this.

Regards, Thomas

Arantor

Given that a mod is literally just going to be 'find and replace these things in the default template', you might as well copy it to your theme and modify it there.

Benqo

Thanks, this is what I already thought.

Regards, Thomas

Advertisement: