A list of mods I'll need once 2.1 becomes official

Started by Biology Forums, April 10, 2019, 11:05:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biology Forums

Does anyone know if these mods need to be updated to work on 2.1, or are their codes workable into the new version as is?

Ohara YouTube Embed   1.2.10 -- not sure

Alternate User Posting   1.0.1 -- not sure

Unanswered Topics   2.7 -- not sure

Board Viewers Mod   1.2.1.1b -- not sure

Related Topics   1.401 -- possible template issues?

Best Answer Integration -- possible template issues?

Suki

Quote from: Study Force on April 10, 2019, 11:05:12 AM
Does anyone know if these mods need to be updated to work on 2.1, or are their codes workable into the new version as is?

Ohara YouTube Embed   1.2.10 -- not sure

Works with 2.1 if emulation is used, theres also a 2.1 version only compatible on my github repo
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

SychO

Checkout My Themes:
-

Potato  •  Ackerman  •  SunRise  •  NightBreeze

Biology Forums

So far 2 out of 6, not bad ... info on the others also welcome

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: Study Force on April 10, 2019, 11:33:13 AM
So far 2 out of 6, not bad ... info on the others also welcome

You can post at thier support topics and see if their authors will be upgrading them with 2.1. once it goes final.

Arantor

Could even try them out on a test site, and I imagine template edits won't be the hardest things to fix in these mods.

Biology Forums

Quote from: Arantor on April 10, 2019, 11:54:26 AM
Could even try them out on a test site, and I imagine template edits won't be the hardest things to fix in these mods.

Probably the best thing to do; will try once 2.1 is finalized.

Arantor

You could even try it now, nothing fundamental is going to change between now and final.

There are likely to be some kinks to work out regarding queries as 2.1 forces strict mode and mods might not work perfectly with that.

Biology Forums

Very tempted now. I use virtualmin to manage my server, so creating databases and virtual servers isn't as pleasant than if I were using cPanel. I miss cPanel

Advertisement: