News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

No email for activation

Started by SALocalcom, April 10, 2019, 11:24:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SALocalcom

For some reason I can't get the email to connect to my webserver.  This is version 2.0.15.  I've tried both php email and smtp email.  I created an email account on my website, for secure pop3 and used the data in the manual setup to file in the setting for the SMF email.  I can't get either to work.

It was a fresh install of 2.0.8....a one click install on hostgator, but I updated to 2.0.15 and installed a couple mods to secure the email from bots.  I installed "your not a bot" first, then one that made the "form unrecognizable to bots", next.  I've uninstalled bot mods to try and get the email to work.  The error log is just showing that my first user (me, logged out of admin) is needed to activate thru email.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

GigaWatt

If you have a backup of the forum's files before installing those mods, try and bring back the backup and see if that solves the problem (if the email is working).
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

Benqo

Hi mate,

check out my corresponding thread, I solved my issue by configuring SMTP instead of the PHP standard method.

Regards, Thomas

Advertisement: