How to setup post moderation for postcount based groups?

Started by LPChip, April 15, 2019, 03:43:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

Introduction
Because spammers don't care for a post being deleted, they just want a spider to index that link, they are okay with it if a post is only on the forum for 15 minutes. For that reason, I want to make sure the post won't become visible in the first place until I allow it.

What I have so far
I found out how I can setup post moderation for groups, such that members of that group always require their posts to be allowed before they become visible on the forum.

but...
However, I can only set moderation for normal groups where I assign members to that group. I can't set these rights to post-based groups. They are simply not visible.

How can I setup that users with 1 or less posts require their posts to be approved by a moderator, but not once they reach that number?

Also, would this mean that if they post a 2nd post while the first is not approved, the 2nd post gets added?

Kindred

However - even more effective would be to stop the spammers from registering and posting in the first place......
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

LPChip

Thanks. Yes, preventing them from registring in the first place is the ideal scenario. My problem is, that those who are still spamming after I setup anti-spam are actual people.

I've invested in expensive anti-spam, but it was blocking posts from actual members too, so that really is not an option. The spamming is minimal though, so I want to try a postcount group moderation to see how that works. I think I'll be able to solve it with the link to that other topic.

If so, I'll mark this as solved.

Thanks for the help so far. :)

Advertisement: