News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Upgrading - SQL Error

Started by Yellowrose, April 19, 2019, 02:20:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yellowrose

Figured I would try an upgrade tonight as I can't connect to the news in the admin panel. Got to 66% complete and get this error. How do I fix it without screwing it up?

Yellowrose

I have another board the same version as the one upgrading in the above post and may run into the same error and not sure how to fix a sql error I normally don't touch the databases I leave that to guys that know what they're doing.

Yellowrose

just looked in php my admin not sure what this stuff means but I'm sure one you may

Server version: 5.6.43-cll-lve - MySQL Community Server (GPL)

Database client version: libmysql - 5.1.73

Illori

what are you upgrading from and what version are you upgrading to?

Yellowrose

at the bottom of the forum this is the version listed

Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

In packages I have this -     SMF 1.1.21 / 2.0.10 Update

and I'm upgrading to 2.0.15

the other site I will upgrading is exactly the same as this so hopefully when I do it I will know how to fix the error when it occurs again

Yellowrose

the attachment in the above post shows the packages page from the admin panel and it is the same for both sites. I guess in a way that is a good thing makes getting needed info a little easier since I can't get it from the site that is currently being upgraded.

Yellowrose

nobody have any ideas as to how I can fix this error to finish the upgrade??

Sir Osis of Liver

Not sure exactly what you're doing.  You're trying to upgrade 1.1.21 to 2.0.15, assuming you've uploaded the 2.0.15 upgrade package, overwriting you're 1.1.21 install, and are running upgrade.php, it fails with the screenshot in your first post.  I don't recognize some that stuff, are you sure you have 2.0 upgrade, not 2.1?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Yellowrose

yes I'm sure I have the right upgrade package. It is something I guess the dev's need to look into. I have another site to upgrade so need this looked at so I can finish this upgrade and proceed with the other site to get both sites using 2.0.15. The site is currently down and it's a shame my members can't get to the downloadable content I host. If I knew how to fix it I would but unfortunately I don't so have to wait.

Sir Osis of Liver

Can you pm access to your cpanel?  It's really difficult to help you with the info you've posted.  Two of the three forums in your sig load, the third is in maint mode.  Are these the forums you're trying to upgrade? 

- R. Waters

Yellowrose

the first site in my sig is the main fansite and is already upgraded. It was done when everything was restored a couple weeks ago,  the ZT 1 link is the next site I need to upgrade and the site in maintenance mode is the one I get this error in when trying to upgrade and sorry but I have trust issues with my back end after having databases stolen by someone I thought I could trust and I don't know who you are.

Yellowrose

apparently this error I had gotten was caused by a glitch on the host server. Tried today running upgrade php again and the upgrade completed and the site is back live fully upgraded to 2.0.15.

Thank you to all who made suggestions and tried to help.

Yellowrose

with the success above decided to try upgrading the main site as well and hit a snag at 34% this time see attached screen. These errors are getting frustrating to say the least because I have no idea how to fix them. I left it alone and went about adding another installation of smf for a archive of the old Vbulletin site I once had converted to smf and have error on that site as well now and a post regarding it. after fighting with that for a few hours came back to this figuring it just might be a server glitch like the other upgrades but not this time same error and it won't go any firther with the upgrade.

Yellowrose

figured maybe more info would help in addition to what has already been provided

Support Information
Version Information:
Forum version: SMF 1.1.21 (more detailed)
Current SMF version: [object HTMLElement]
PHP version: 5.6.40
MySQL version: 5.6.43-cll-lve
Server version: Apache
GD version: bundled (2.1.0 compatible)

before proceeding with the upgrade in the packages list there shows an upgrade see attached screen to where it says 2.0.10 so the error in the above screen is from trying to upgrade this site to smf version 2.0.15 using the 2.0.15 large upgrade package.

Should I maybe scrap that idea and look for a different path to take for doing this upgrade to get it done so my site can once more be accessable

Yellowrose

Ok managed to reverse everything I had done and got the site back to version 1.1.2 and online and everything looks fine. php version is currently set to 5.6 because of the smf version I have the other 3 upgraded sites in maintenance mode for now until I can get this site upgraded properly. Which upgrade package is going to best used to take this site from 1.1.2 in increments in I have to to get it up to 2.0.15?

Illori

ideally if all goes according to plan, the 2.0.15 large upgrade package should be all you need.

dont forget to do a backup first before you do anything else.

Sir Osis of Liver

You should be able to upgrade 1.1.21 to 2.0.15 in php 5.6.  As happened on your other forum, you can sometimes restart upgrade from last step completed after mysql error, and it will complete the upgrade.  I've done it several times, and upgrade was good.  Just make sure you have a good backup of each database before you start.

- R. Waters

Yellowrose

my gut told me I was going to run into this hence why I asked for a stepped style of upgrade process again these syntax errors that I can't nor can the host fix.

"Error!
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE id_board IN (9,128,58,130,16,75,85,86,74,17,18,44,77,132,133,134,84,110,12' at line 3"

Yellowrose

ok the above error was for the Archives site which I did manage to get upgraded so I decided to once again try the main site but have once again been stopped in the upgrade process with this error. this is the third time trying to get this site upgraded. I have let it sit for a while and then tried the continue from last point to no avail and today again get it.

"
!!Error!
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' width = 634, height = 476 WHERE ID_ATTACH = 395 LIMIT 1' at line 3

With this main site I just can't seem to get past this error no matter what I do....tghe only thing I haven't tried is trying an earlier version of 2.0 to upgrade to like I asked for above to avoid these syntax errors.

"

Yellowrose

the only thing I can think of to get around this error is backup the attachments folder in ftp and then delete the contents of the attachments folder that this error is pertaining to I looked at the contents of the folder found the image with the size listed in the error resized it uploaded the resized image and run the upgrade again still the same error message but this time with the resized image sizes the line says limit 395 I figured that had something to do with the image size but guess not because now I'm halted in this upgrade once again and my site is offline. This is sooooo frustrating.

Sir Osis of Liver

Do a clean install with new database in different directory, import the production db, run repair_settings.  If forum comes up running, try the upgrade.

- R. Waters

Yellowrose

Maybe in a few days this is just to frustrating. This is the third time trying this upgrade and like in baseball 3 strikes and your out....I'm going to just overwrite what is there and take it back to 1.1.21 and let it sit a while before trying this again. I am just so frustrated and angry right now it isn't funny. Maybe if it had of been upgraded to 2.0.15 with the whole restore like I was told it had been I wouldn't be going through all this crap at the moment.

Sir Osis of Liver

If you're ok with giving me a copy of the database dump, I'll upgrade it for you.

- R. Waters

Yellowrose

well tried it your way....new directory fresh install of 1.1.21 imported the database the host provided and this is what I get  now. http://zooadmin.org/ZA/index.php

no categories no boards no messages just one thing after another with trying different things to get this site fixed oh and with the original Zooadmin.org link in my sig this is what I'm getting "Unable to load the 'main_above' template."

Sir Osis of Liver

zooadmin.org/ZA/index.php - You're in maintenance mode, can you login as admin?

zooadmin.org - "Unable to load the 'main_above' template." is usually theme error.

- R. Waters

Yellowrose

zooadmin.org/ZA/index.php - You're in maintenance mode, can you login as admin?

yes and all I see is the basic stuff when you first install a forum the smf welcome in a general caregory board that's the only board nothing else.

here - http://zooadmin.org/ZA/index.php - out of maintenance mode and supposedly with a 100% imported database

Sir Osis of Liver

That's a scratch install.  Either the database was not imported, or you're connected to the wrong database.

- R. Waters

Yellowrose

ya it's a scatch install and I made a new database for that install and then imported a backup that the host had done a few days ago before I tried any upgrading and I got the 100% success bar that it imported. but as you see I have nothing.

Sir Osis of Liver

The database didn't import.  It's not broken, the forum is up and running with the new database.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: