Upgrading - SQL Error

Started by Yellowrose, April 19, 2019, 02:20:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Osis of Liver

Do a clean install with new database in different directory, import the production db, run repair_settings.  If forum comes up running, try the upgrade.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Yellowrose

Maybe in a few days this is just to frustrating. This is the third time trying this upgrade and like in baseball 3 strikes and your out....I'm going to just overwrite what is there and take it back to 1.1.21 and let it sit a while before trying this again. I am just so frustrated and angry right now it isn't funny. Maybe if it had of been upgraded to 2.0.15 with the whole restore like I was told it had been I wouldn't be going through all this crap at the moment.

Sir Osis of Liver

If you're ok with giving me a copy of the database dump, I'll upgrade it for you.

- R. Waters

Yellowrose

well tried it your way....new directory fresh install of 1.1.21 imported the database the host provided and this is what I get  now. http://zooadmin.org/ZA/index.php

no categories no boards no messages just one thing after another with trying different things to get this site fixed oh and with the original Zooadmin.org link in my sig this is what I'm getting "Unable to load the 'main_above' template."

Sir Osis of Liver

zooadmin.org/ZA/index.php - You're in maintenance mode, can you login as admin?

zooadmin.org - "Unable to load the 'main_above' template." is usually theme error.

- R. Waters

Yellowrose

zooadmin.org/ZA/index.php - You're in maintenance mode, can you login as admin?

yes and all I see is the basic stuff when you first install a forum the smf welcome in a general caregory board that's the only board nothing else.

here - http://zooadmin.org/ZA/index.php - out of maintenance mode and supposedly with a 100% imported database

Sir Osis of Liver

That's a scratch install.  Either the database was not imported, or you're connected to the wrong database.

- R. Waters

Yellowrose

ya it's a scatch install and I made a new database for that install and then imported a backup that the host had done a few days ago before I tried any upgrading and I got the 100% success bar that it imported. but as you see I have nothing.

Sir Osis of Liver

The database didn't import.  It's not broken, the forum is up and running with the new database.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: