News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Can't login to my forum

Started by Dylert, April 02, 2019, 06:39:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dylert

Hello! :)
I have a forum where everything seems ok, except that I can't login anymore. This happened suddenly yesterday. My host has moved my site to another server, but they say that this should not affect my site. When i try to login I got a message that I have a database error. Evereything else seems ok with my forum.

The URL is: http://www.hellasforum.net

Right now I don't know what to do! Any suggestions? :)

skb

Maybe, try running repair settings once. The credentials might have changed.

SMF 2.1.4 / TP 2.2.2

Dylert

I have already runned repair_settings.php but it doesn't help. If I am using it right.....

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: Dylert on April 02, 2019, 06:39:32 AM
Hello! :)
I have a forum where everything seems ok, except that I can't login anymore. This happened suddenly yesterday. My host has moved my site to another server, but they say that this should not affect my site. When i try to login I got a message that I have a database error. Evereything else seems ok with my forum.

The URL is: http://www.hellasforum.net

Right now I don't know what to do! Any suggestions? :)

What database error are you getting precisely?

Dylert

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: Dylert on April 02, 2019, 08:01:43 AM
How can I find that out?

In your post you said: "When i try to login I got a message that I have a database error". What was the message in the error that you get?

Dylert

It only says: "Database error. Try again. If this error continues please report to the administrator."

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: Dylert on April 02, 2019, 08:14:58 AM
It only says: "Database error. Try again. If this error continues please report to the administrator."

Can you check the smf_log_errors table and see what the latest error(s) is/are?

P.s. Can you also run the repair_settings.php file? Maybe some setting need getting corrected upfter the server move?

Dylert

Thanks a lot! The error was in a block. I deleted the block and now I can log in to my forum.

Advertisement: