(2.0.16) Require new members to accept the privacy policy cannot be unchecked

Started by spiros, December 30, 2019, 04:52:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spiros

I tested the GDPR by activating it. Then I deactivated it. When I try to uncheck and save these 2 options, they returned checked again after saving.

Require new members to accept the privacy policy
Require new members to accept the registration agreement

I also tried deleting the demo privacy policy text, no change.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

spiros

I see, but it is still weird if one cannot uncheck them since that implies that they are being applied somehow.

Sesquipedalian

There seems to be a bug in the logic controlling those checkboxes when saving. We'll have a fix for that in 2.0.18, but in the meantime you can try setting 'requirePolicyAgreement' to 0 in your settings table in the database.
I promise you nothing.

Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

jim3cantos

Quote from: Sesquipedalian on December 31, 2019, 12:43:26 AM
There seems to be a bug in the logic controlling those checkboxes when saving. We'll have a fix for that in 2.0.18, but in the meantime you can try setting 'requirePolicyAgreement' to 0 in your settings table in the database.
Whooo, 2.0.18. This is going fast now!

Sesquipedalian

It's not going to be so quick as 2.0.17, if that's what you're thinking. ;) 2.0.18 will be released when it's ready.
I promise you nothing.

Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

Advertisement: