Advertisement:

Author Topic: Member's Own Profile Summary will not open - goes to modify profile instead  (Read 391 times)

Offline Kjell H.

Regular forum members cannot open their own profile summary page. Clicking on the Profile link sends them directly to the modify profile page instead.

Offline doug_ips

• drivinghobbyists
Did you install nay mod that has to do with profiles before this happened?

Offline Kjell H.

Not sure when this started since we became aware of the problem this morning. We upgraded our forum to 2.0.15 a few weeks back and immediately after we installed the mods listed below. So...... maybe this problem started after we installed the menu editor? If that's the case, we will have to uninstall to confirm and then contact the mod author.

Ad Managment   3.5c
Simple Audio Video Embedder   4.5.3a
Menu Editor Pro   1.0.1
KeyCAPTCHA for SMF   2.16
Google Analytics Code   1.5.1

Offline Kjell H.

We uninstalled Menu Editor Pro, but that doesn't seem to be the problem.

MH

Offline Kjell H.

Can this have anything to do with permissions? As an admin, I my own summary page shows up just fine.

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• SMF Hero
Not likely it's a permissions problem.  You only have a handful of mods installed, I'd upgrade a clean set of files, that should fix it.

Offline Kjell H.

It was a permission problem.

View own profile and stats was unchecked for some reason.

• SMF Hero
Hmm, shouldn't have gone to modify.  Will try it on test install.

Confirmed.  That really shouldn't happen, if you don't have permission to view summary, you shouldn't be able to modify anything in profile.

Offline Arantor

• Resident Overthinker
  • SMF Friend
  • SMF Legend
    • StoryBB/StoryBB on GitHub
Hmm, shouldn't have gone to modify.  Will try it on test install.

Confirmed.  That really shouldn't happen, if you don't have permission to view summary, you shouldn't be able to modify anything in profile.

No, that’s exactly what should happen. The menu outlines a set of pages and their permissions, if you don’t have view profiles permissions (either own or any), that menu is removed and modify is next up.

This is changed in 2.1 so visiting your own profile is bound to a hidden permission you can’t remove (namely, you can always see your own profile)
Don’t try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person. You haven’t had enough to know what it’s like.

No good deed goes unpunished / No act of charity goes unresented.

• SMF Hero
Yeah, saw the change in 2.1, but it still seems inconsistent that a member is denied permission to view his own profile summarty, but can still modify it.

Offline Arantor

• Resident Overthinker
  • SMF Friend
  • SMF Legend
    • StoryBB/StoryBB on GitHub
Which is why I changed it in 2.1 for that exact reason.
Don’t try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person. You haven’t had enough to know what it’s like.

No good deed goes unpunished / No act of charity goes unresented.