News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Error related to default theme (Curve2)

Started by landyvlad, January 21, 2019, 07:54:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

landyvlad

•Version(s) of SMF◦
◦ RC1 GitHub nightly.

•Your Setup:◦List any Modifications you have installed◾
◾ Tiny Portal 1.6.1 only

◦List any Themes you have installed◾
◾None

◦List any non-English Language packs you have installed◾
◾None

◦Are you using UTF-8? Yes
◦Any other related information?
◦What caching level are you using? unknown

•Server Software:◦Apache/IIS version?: unknown
◦PHP version?:5.6
◦Database type and version: SQL
◦Any other related server information?

•Where the Error Occurred
◦ File: /Themes/default/GenericControls.template.php

◦Line: 251 and 252  (both happen consecutively)
◦Any relevant errors in the SMF error log (if so please post them)?:

Type of error: Undefined

8: Undefined offset: 1
http://www.gsx1400owners.org/test21forum/index.php?action=signup
/home/gsxowner/public_html/test21forum/Themes/default/GenericControls.template.php (Line 252)

Yesterday at 11:39 pm
b184e267cd7cd924796f5460e1362e04

http://www.gsx1400owners.org/test21forum/index.php?action=signup
/home/gsxowner/public_html/test21forum/Themes/default/GenericControls.template.php (Line 251) 

•How to Reproduce this Error?:
Just happens, nothing special needed :)

•Additional Information?

This has happened a LOT - 9 pages of errors in log over about two days. Occurs in pairs (line 251 then line 252)
The only thing that changes between groups of these errors is the IP/identifier.

Cheers

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

Sesquipedalian

I promise you nothing.

Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

lurkalot

Quote from: Sesquipedalian on January 22, 2019, 02:31:32 AM
Fixed in #5358

Just curious.  Noticed this while testing just now.

Does this also fix the verification question box showing when: Number of verification questions user must answer

Is set to 0, it still shows the text entry box, but not any question to answer.

Sesquipedalian

I can't reproduce that problem even without the fix in #5358, so I don't know if it will fix whatever is causing that to happen to you.
I promise you nothing.

Sesqu... Sesqui... what?

lurkalot

Quote from: Sesquipedalian on January 22, 2019, 04:18:56 AM
I can't reproduce that problem even without the fix in #5358, so I don't know if it will fix whatever is causing that to happen to you.

Happens here on  landyvlad's test site http://www.gsx1400owners.org/test21forum/index.php?action=signup you'll see a text entry box at the bootom of the registation page.

And same happens on my own test site.

Sesquipedalian

Okay. But I still don't have the necessary information to know how to reproduce that problem on my own installs. All I've been told is that the number of questions to be answered is set to zero. Setting that to zero on my own forums is not enough to produce the same behaviour, so there must be some information about the setup where it does happen that I haven't been given yet.
I promise you nothing.

Sesqu... Sesqui... what?

Bigguy

lurkalot

Quote from: Bigguy on January 22, 2019, 12:07:34 PM
Uninstall TP and see what happens.

I had already done that. Also tried on another fresh install with no mods. It was the same. That said, at this very moment it appears to be behaving normally, so wonder if I had a caching problem.

So for now just ignore my false report until I can come up with something useful.  ;)

landyvlad

I haven't updated to the latest version overnight (didn't have a chance) but I am still getting this error with or without TP installed.

I have settings generally as default, and

Require verification on registration page-  ticked
Visual verification image to display - none
Use reCAPTCHA Verification System - ticked
    I generated keys for version two of recaptcha and these are entered in the relevant site and secret key fields.
Number of verification questions user must answer - 1
   and obviously several questions in the list.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

landyvlad

Ok well I've marked this as "not solv4ed" because 12 hours ago I upgraded my test forum to the latest nightly version, and this behaviour is continuing to occur:

http://www.gsx1400owners.org/test21forum/index.php?action=signup2
/home/gsxowner/public_html/test21forum/Themes/default/GenericControls.template.php (Line 252)

Today at 03:49 am
836e3a79517b027159d4b69246cb05ac

/home/gsxowner/public_html/test21forum/Themes/default/GenericControls.template.php (Line 251) 

Sesquipedalian

Quote from: landyvlad on January 23, 2019, 07:30:12 PM
Ok well I've marked this as "not solv4ed" because 12 hours ago I upgraded my test forum to the latest nightly version, and this behaviour is continuing to occur:

Today at 03:49 am
836e3a79517b027159d4b69246cb05ac

If you are still getting references to lines 251 and 252, then you are not using the latest version from GitHub.
I promise you nothing.

Sesqu... Sesqui... what?

Gwenwyfar

The nightly build is only made once per day I believe.

Edit: Twice, as it turns out.
"It is impossible to communicate with one that does not wish to communicate"

landyvlad

shawnb61

Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Advertisement: