News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

How can I extract users emails?

Started by perfec2, February 22, 2011, 06:19:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perfec2

Greeting to all,
I have been using standard way to send announcement to my forum members which is very slow and takes morethan 5 hours to complete as the members of our forum is morethan 100, 000. I think extracting their emails will be easier.
My question is how can i get their emails so that I can send it as normal email to them?

Kindred

Only by the database in the SMF_members able
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

perfec2

Sorry, how and where can I locate it?

Kindred

Go to the SMF_members table in your database and look t the field names. The email column should be obvious..  Extract that column and you will have a list of all your user's emails. Be careful though....  It could be considered spam, if you send things directly to your users email addresses without their request
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

perfec2

Ok, thank you, I will check that out.

perfec2

It seems like is something one has to be copying one by one (if I really got it) is there a way one can just download them at once?

Kindred

Quote from: Kindred on February 22, 2011, 06:38:14 PM
Go to the SMF_members table in your database and look t the field names. The email column should be obvious..  Extract that column and you will have a list of all your user's emails. Be careful though....  It could be considered spam, if you send things directly to your users email addresses without their request
phpmyadmin!

SELECT `email_address`
FROM `smf_members`
WHERE 1

then export
Слaва
Украинi

perfec2

perfec2

I got to sql and run the query and got following message:
"#1054 - Unknown column 'email_address' in 'field list'"
I think I got off the track.

Kindred

oops.... I gave you the sql for 2.0
(the column name changed)

I don't recall what the column was called in 1.1.x
Look at your database and find the column name... use that instead of email_address
Слaва
Украинi

Arantor

aksal

I have a similar issue.
What query do I want to run to export the email addresses from a particular membergroup?

Shambles

Quote from: aksal on May 07, 2019, 06:28:38 PM
I have a similar issue.
What query do I want to run to export the email addresses from a particular membergroup?
This is an 8 year old [solved] topic. Best if you start your own, stating your version of SMF and any mods you have applied.

Shambles

Arantor

Can't say I'm surprised, this was someone who argued quite emphatically that because someone did a few mockups of a theme, that wasn't ever made into an actual theme, the full theme must basically be made available just because they wanted it. Never mind anyone else involved (like the person who was simply trying out ideas in his spare time)

Irisado

Topic locked.  Please start your own support topic and avoid posting in old solved topics in future.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Advertisement: