default/script.js

Started by drewactual, April 29, 2019, 01:28:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drewactual

when was the last version it was updated?  how much of it is still relevant? e.g. if the server is set to UTF-8 exclusively, how much weight can be lost on that thing? and many of the sniffers for browsers are long since gone, no? 

... just curious is all.   

Arantor

This is why we develop newer versions of things, so these things can be addressed, but honestly the amount of code you're talking about trying to remove is equivalent to a single small image, in a file that is sent compressed and usually with a decent expiry header so it doesn't get redownloaded anyway.

drewactual

Quote from: Arantor on April 29, 2019, 02:49:05 AM
This is why we develop newer versions of things, so these things can be addressed, but honestly the amount of code you're talking about trying to remove is equivalent to a single small image, in a file that is sent compressed and usually with a decent expiry header so it doesn't get redownloaded anyway.

oh it's not going anywhere- though it is minified and combined... it was just an passing interest while i was looking at that wall of text and asking myself 'are those code snippets involving browser long extinct and all the different code sets still required?"....

I've had combined and minified JS for a long time, but still have many calls to others- and i was working on adding some to one of the combined files- and then running into 'order' issues.  otherwise, that file would be safely tucked from my view or concern.

Advertisement: