News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

I have a huge spam problem I am under attack!

Started by Kathryn_, May 01, 2019, 02:52:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kathryn_

Currently there are 30 ip's in my site. Its new and I am frustrated so I downloaded Stop forum Spam because I am accustomed to the software. In the meantime stop forum Spam identified them as spammers... I went to my database and deleted the session and they are still there, my site is https://roseweb.net
I cant get into "remove" on top forum spam because it says I am not in their database but I want them off NOW! 

Sir Osis of Liver

Don't see spammers, but your posts/topics counts are incorrect.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

GigaWatt

Admin --> Maintenance --> Forum Maintenance --> Routine --> Find and repair any errors

Admin --> Maintenance --> Forum Maintenance --> Routine --> Recount all forum totals and statistics

Admin --> Maintenance --> Forum Maintenance --> Routine --> Recount all member post counts
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

Kathryn_

did that and nothing has changed   I am at a loss because I spent all day trying to fix it and it remains the same :P
I am beginning to think I have to reinstall and that depresses me because I just spent 4 months rebuilding from another software. I dont know what to do obviously my board Index is messed up somehow.   

Dzonny

Hello there.

Can you tell us what exactly did you tried? Did you run what GigaWatt suggested above? If so, did it found any errors, and was those errors fixed?

Kathryn_

My web provider is restoring for me. I know what happened now  It was a mod error and when uninstalled and reinstalled there was an error referring to the board index and the subforum index...that's all I can tell you ... :o its my user error that caused it not the software

Sir Osis of Liver

If package manager flags an error when installing/uninstalling a mod, and you proceed anyway without manually fixing the error, things will break.

- R. Waters

Kathryn_

well I did not get any errors but I think the problem is with the board Index file I just don't know what I can do

Kindred

load a clean set of files. (see wiki on how to do that)

Your data will be intact, but you'll have to reload any mods.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Kathryn_

Oh I will try that I was afraid to load files and write over them but they will keep all my posts and boards and write over the mistakes right?

Sir Osis of Liver

Content is in the database, not the files, it won't be affected.

- R. Waters

Kathryn_

well I followed the wiki and deleted sources and themes prior to uploading the large package everything went well but I still have the same problem which leads me to the fact its a database problem and that I only know how to put in commands that someone wrote. I will not play with my DB so I guess a do over another 4 months and I will have a forum 

Sir Osis of Liver

Don't see the link to your forum, must be in another topic, but looked at it a couple days ago and iirc it was a new install with only a handful of posts.  If that's the case, a do over is no big deal.  If you do have a lot of content and the database is not damaged, it may be recoverable.  If you can pm cpanel access, I'll have a look.

- R. Waters

Kathryn_

PM sent  thank you  sorry about the link...  the day you saw that is when he restored it there are 890 posts to copy

RoseWeb

GigaWatt

Quote from: Kathryn_ on May 03, 2019, 11:26:40 PM
PM sent  thank you  sorry about the link...  the day you saw that is when he restored it there are 890 posts to copy

That isn't that much actually. You could probably copy all of the content in a day or two ;).
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

Kathryn_

I know because it would be a straight copy and paste but thanks to Sir Osis of Liver i will be fine.. :)

Steve

Your last post seems to indicate your questions have been resolved so marking solved then. If you have any other questions regarding this topic, by all means, mark this unsolved and let us know. :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: