News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

jQuery migration

Started by drewactual, April 30, 2019, 09:34:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drewactual

has anyone here gone through the effort of migrating jQuery to 3.x?  If so, how much of a pain was it? 

currently, with the theme and several mod's, I'm pulling from four different libraries.  the funny thing is, i was playing in the sandbox site and jq3.3 ran it with only a couple warnings and a single error (significant enough error to break functions, though)... this kinda encourages me to go through and do it the right way under the thinking it won't be that painful? 

i'm hoping someone has done this and can offer some insight? 

thanks in advance!

Arantor

SMF 2.1 already uses 3.x.

drewactual

i'll ultimately land on 2.1, but the level of effort to carve up a theme required and the mod's my folks use being currently unavailable make the juice not worth the squeeze right now.   my plan is to launch 2.1 in the sandbox and dress it up + thoroughly test it prior to production. 

Suki

Most mods that uses jquery uses it for cosmetic or otherwise other minor UX stuff, there shouldn't be any issues with upgrading jquery and if they are, must be minor ones relatively easy to fix.

Also: https://jquery.com/upgrade-guide/3.0/
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

drewactual

thanks for that, Suki... I've set aside time to attack it soon, and hope it doesn't threat to impact my site (taking it offline, and if so only a short period).

Advertisement: