News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Work on server with domain, now no forum post totals

Started by Kathryn_, May 02, 2019, 02:14:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kathryn_

what basically happened is that I was told before creating my forum they would move the domain to the root. After over 3 months of coping the site from my other software, they tell me that they moved the documents to the root and not the entire domain. Now I have a situation where the post count on the forum is not registering, it is 0 on all even the one I had posted last night. Everything works but I have that issue because the entire site is on the root and the .net is from public_html  I feel this is not considered good practice and want to correct it so that my forum and .net are together How can I accomplish that without loosing over the 800 e-book posts I made?

Site

Kindred

What's wrong with having the forum installed in the root of your site?
I have that for most of my sites.

If the forum is your only, or your main website interface, then putting it in the root makes sense.

1- download, upload and run repair_settings.php   https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Repair_settings.php
2- run "Recount Forum Statistics"

but your count seems to be just fine
https://www.roseweb.net/stats/

Total Members:         1
Total Posts:            893
Total Topics:           893
Total Categories:    5
Users Online:          27
Most Online:           43 - Yesterday at 09:38 AM
Online Today:          40
Total page views:    38,973
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Kathryn_

No there is my son's race site in there too, and the way the original site was made is is a sub forum of my old software. everything is working just the boards will not register counts and yes I had done the steps you provided. I will try again... thank you

Kathryn_

I believe the sources are messed up specifically BoardIndex.php   I guess I will have to copy the entire forum over again...

Advertisement: