News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

"This message is awaiting approval by a moderator"

Started by dsanchez, May 12, 2019, 09:34:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

Getting that message when I upload an attachment.. but I am the admin! :)

landyvlad

Are you sure you're logged in with your admin account?
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

dsanchez

Quote from: landyvlad on May 12, 2019, 08:39:50 PM
Are you sure you're logged in with your admin account?

yes, 100%, since I attached the file with my admin account.

Skhilled

This also happened to me using a fresh install of RC2. You will need to approve any posts created with an attachment in it as well as any posts that is quoted which have an attachment. It is my test site and I'm admin. Another user who is an admin quoted that same post after I've approved it and their post was moderated and needed to be approved.

I checked permissions and admins have all permissions and cannot be modified via the admin interface.

Sesquipedalian

Admins and moderators are shown an "Approve" check box in the Additional Options below the editor. If that check box is empty when the post is submitted, the post starts off as unapproved. Presumably what happened is that this check box somehow became unchecked. Since it is checked by default (or at least it is supposed to be), I can only guess that either it was inadvertently unchecked by the user, or else that there might be some odd bug that could cause it to become unchecked under certain conditions.

Can either of you tell me the exact steps needed to reliably reproduce this issue? First, for an affected user, please check whether that box is in fact checked by default when you first open the Additional Options list under the editor. If it is not, then please test to see if this affects all your admins and moderators or only some of them. Otherwise, proceed to see if there is any reliable way to trigger the incorrect behaviour by adding attachments.

Thanks in advance for your help on this.
I promise you nothing.

Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

Skhilled

I'm very sorry. Been quite busy lately. I ran some tests.

The "Approve post" option is not available nor showing when first make a post that includes a quoted post with an attachment. It is only available after you make the post and use "Modify" via the dropdown and go to Additional Options or use "Approve" via the dropdown to modify that post. Also, every post you make after that will also be moderated even if you do not quote any attachments in the subsequent posts until you approve each post. And, it will only moderate your posts in that board. All other boards you make posts in are unaffected.

After you approve the first post with the quoted attachments you are allowed to quote that post again without being moderated.

SychO

Interesting, now I can reproduce it, it only happens when you fill the quick reply area and hit preview, then submit it, in that case the "Approve this post checkbox" does not appear so the post gets moderated.

This has been logged on github
https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1/issues/5690

Thank you @Skhilled
Checkout My Themes:
-

Potato  •  Ackerman  •  SunRise  •  NightBreeze

Skhilled

Advertisement: