News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Upgrade continues to get stuck

Started by crystalgroves, May 04, 2019, 02:06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crystalgroves

I get this error every time. I've changed php versions, I've CHMOD my heart out. Nothing seems to help.

Going from 2.06 to 2.014

Illori

there are no database changes from 2.0.6 to 2.0.14 [there are none from 2.0 release to date]

crystalgroves

Even without changing php versions it still doesn't work though, is my point.

Arantor

You wouldn't normally use that to do the upgrade though, going from 2.0.6 to 2.0.15 can be done from the package manager.

crystalgroves

Except the package manager didn't work for me either, hence why I'm doing the manual upgrade.

Sir Osis of Liver

If the forum is working, go to Admin -> Support and Credits, post the version info.

Who's your host?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

crystalgroves

It's stuck in maintenance mode right now, I suppose I can roll it back before I started the process. It's hosted with Liquid Web

GigaWatt

http://yourforumsurl.tld/index.php?action=credits

;)
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

Illori

Quote from: crystalgroves on May 04, 2019, 03:32:09 PM
Except the package manager didn't work for me either, hence why I'm doing the manual upgrade.

in what way does it not work? that should be fixed so you can upgrade correctly and not need to reinstall your mods.

shawnb61

Patching incrementally is definitely the best way. 

If you can't patch, then share THAT error & we can help you.  That's the real issue.

To get out of maintenance mode, you can edit the value for $maintenance to 0 in settings.php.
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Sir Osis of Liver

Did you backup the database before you started?  If you're in maint mode you should be getting admin login.  You can take it out of maint mode manually in Settings.php, set $maintenance = 0;
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: