News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Email notification customization

Started by Jim ONeill 360, May 05, 2019, 10:25:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim ONeill 360

I'm looking to migrate away from another BB, and need to know: What are the notification emails like when a user posts a new topic, or somebody replies to a message? Does it include the title of the topic, the body of the message (or a portion thereof), or any custom fields? Can the design of the notification emails be modified?

Thanks!

Kindred

There are no custom fields... the messages can be modified in the emails.english.php template files
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Jim ONeill 360

Sorry, to be more clear, I'm trying to find out if the notification email can include the title of the post, and at least a snippet of the post text. Also, can it use HTML or is it limited to plain text email?

Kindred

why don't you take a look? :)

for example

'notify_boards' => array(
/*
@additional_params: notify_boards
TOPICSUBJECT: The subject of the topic causing the notification
TOPICLINK: A link to the topic.
UNSUBSCRIBELINK: Link to unsubscribe from notifications.
@description:
*/
'subject' => 'New Topic: {TOPICSUBJECT}',
'body' => 'A new topic, \'{TOPICSUBJECT}\', has been made on a board you are watching.

You can see it at
{TOPICLINK}

Unsubscribe to new topics from this board by using this link:
{UNSUBSCRIBELINK}

{REGARDS}',
),

so, yes to title...
and yes, to html (but characters have to be escaped)

also,
https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2926
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Illori

admin -> features and options Don't allow post text in notifications

if this option is checked the text of the post will not be in the email notification.

Advertisement: