News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Member requests access to Board - how to set up?

Started by Wichtlmex, May 06, 2019, 09:30:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wichtlmex

Hi,
I am a very newbie and still learning.
The question I did not find an answer to (in this help board) is:
I built several boards. None open for guests, some open to members, others (private) only for authorized members! I can define the permissions, so only authorized members have access to private boards.
I chose the settings "member should ask for access" to private board, but the member does not see the private bards until being member of those board.
So HOW can a member request access to the closed boards?
Or... how can I adjust the settings e.g. so a standard member sees only the board titles but not the posts? Or how does that work?

Uhhh.... hope you can understand my request ;-)
Michael

Kindred

No, there are no such settings by default.  Smf does not show any action which can not be completed. So, if the user has no access to the board, they don't even see it.

How do they know?   Well, you can make a post listing the boards and saying, if you want access, please request to join membergroup xyz...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: Wichtlmex on May 06, 2019, 09:30:55 AM
Hi,
I am a very newbie and still learning.
The question I did not find an answer to (in this help board) is:
I built several boards. None open for guests, some open to members, others (private) only for authorized members! I can define the permissions, so only authorized members have access to private boards.
I chose the settings "member should ask for access" to private board, but the member does not see the private bards until being member of those board.
So HOW can a member request access to the closed boards?
Or... how can I adjust the settings e.g. so a standard member sees only the board titles but not the posts? Or how does that work?

Uhhh.... hope you can understand my request ;-)
Michael

That will require custom coding.

Advertisement: