Posts randomly waiting on moderation approval

Started by Code Wrangler, May 01, 2019, 07:25:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Code Wrangler

Upgraded to SMF 2.1 RC2 and I have random posts - including some from Admin accounts - requiring moderation approval before they show up on the forum.  This never happened before, and I've looked in the moderation settings to no avail.

I can't explain or determine why some posts, but not all, on different days, and with different content, will not post without moderator approval. 

It would seem to me that no admin accounts should ever require moderator approval before posting.  I don't even have moderation approval required below certain post counts, so it's not an issue with that either. 

Thanks in advance for any help pointing me in the right direction for a fix to this issue. 

Code Wrangler

Sorry to post this on the wrong board.  This needs moved to 2.1 area. 

Code Wrangler

Any ideas folks?  Here is a screenshot of an admin account requiring moderation approval before showing on the board.

Bigguy

Do you have any mods or a custom theme installed. ??

Code Wrangler

Quote from: Bigguy on May 02, 2019, 03:35:55 PM
Do you have any mods or a custom theme installed. ??

Default theme that came with the 2.1 RC2 installation and no mods installed. 

SychO

Is post moderation turned off in Admin -> Members -> Permissions -> Post Moderation ?
Checkout My Themes:
-

Potato  •  Ackerman  •  SunRise  •  NightBreeze

Code Wrangler

Quote from: SychO on May 02, 2019, 03:44:52 PM
Is post moderation turned off in Admin -> Members -> Permissions -> Post Moderation ?

It is.  I just turned it off, and will see how it goes.   Not all of the posts were requiring moderation, just some of them.  And it was only from admin accounts it seemed. 

What does this feature do exactly?   There's no help bubble on that screen that provides an explanation of that functionality. 

skb

I've encountered a similar issue on 2 occasions, when my own posts had to be approved. I have admin rights. 

Mods

Curve2 Color Changer
Email Obfuscator
TinyPortal
BG Tracker (custom mod)
Welcome Topic Mod
Quick New Topic Button

SMF 2.1.4 / TP 2.2.2

Code Wrangler

Turning that feature off seems to have rectified the problems for me.  Not sure why it wasn't a problem in 2.0.x  but is in 2.1.x.  At any rate, this is cleared for now - at least in my particular instance. 

Just one final note, regardless of post moderation being enabled or not, it doesn't seem to make sense to me that admin accounts should ever have to have their own posts approved.  Not sure if that's by design, or by bug.  Just my two cents. 

Code Wrangler

Quote from: skb on May 02, 2019, 05:37:29 PM
I've encountered a similar issue on 2 occasions, when my own posts had to be approved. I have admin rights. 

Mods

Curve2 Color Changer
Email Obfuscator
TinyPortal
BG Tracker (custom mod)
Welcome Topic Mod
Quick New Topic Button

I'd turn the post moderation off, as indicated above, unless you have a reason to leave it on.   It fixed the problem for me. 

Code Wrangler

skb

SMF 2.1.4 / TP 2.2.2

Arantor

It sounds like there's a bug in post moderation though...

SychO

@Code Wrangler, perhaps you had "Approve this post" unchecked before (see attached image)
Checkout My Themes:
-

Arantor

There were at some point issues posting via quick reply.

SychO

I see, it doesn't seem to be the case right now though, at least from my end, It was either fixed or reproducing the issue is not so straightforward
Checkout My Themes:
-

skb

Quote from: SychO on May 02, 2019, 03:44:52 PM

Done that, but my post still went in for approval today.

SMF 2.1.4 / TP 2.2.2

Code Wrangler

Quote from: Arantor on May 03, 2019, 05:12:18 AM
There were at some point issues posting via quick reply.

The replies that I made that were going into moderation were indeed using quick reply. 

Code Wrangler

Quote from: SychO on May 03, 2019, 05:00:08 AM
@Code Wrangler, perhaps you had "Approve this post" unchecked before (see attached image)

I'm not sure.  As I mentioned, I was using quick reply, so I never expanded those options to check.  The settings were all the same as with 2.0, and I didn't observe the issue until after the 2.1 RC2 upgrade. 

Advertisement: