News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

can only login in incognito mode

Started by arielvered, May 08, 2019, 12:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arielvered

My site is running 2.0.15
The site address is https://amyloidosis.org.uk/forum

Only some, but not all computers, we can only login using incognito mode. This is true for all users. The same user can also login from other machines.

I have tried researching the problem and this and changed this in the theme:

Quote<form id="guest_form" action="', $scripturl, '?action=login2" method="post" accept-charset="', $context['character_set'], '" ', empty($context['disable_login_hashing']) ? ' onsubmit="hashLoginPassword(this, \'' . $context['session_id'] . '\');"' : '', '>
                        <div class="info">', sprintf($txt['welcome_guest'], $txt['guest_title']), '</div>';

if (!empty($modSettings['enableOpenID']))
                     echo '
                        <br /><input type="text" name="openid_identifier" id="openid_url" size="25" class="input_text openid_login" />';

echo '
                        <input type="hidden" name="hash_passwrd" value="" />
                        <input type="hidden" name="', $context['session_var'], '" value="', $context['session_id'], '" />
                     </form>';

This has not helped.
I have tried local things like clearing browser, which seems logical as I can login using incognito, but it didn't help.
I also tried switching theme, but this happened on both the Default theme and the Dani theme.
The mods that I have installed are "anti Bot" and GDPR Helper.

I also tried changing some server settings, this also hasn't helped. What I currently have is attached.

I greatly appreciate any ideas about how to fix this.

d3vcho

Hello,

I've noticed that in the footer of your forum does not appear SMF's copyright. As for that, I will reserve my right to provide you assistance with this problem.
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

Sir Osis of Liver

That's odd, just looked at forum a few minutes ago and copyright was there, now it's not?

It's on registration page, but not home.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

d3vcho

Err... yeah, that's right. Although there's something wrong with it on index. There's just a large white box and if you click it, it redirects to SMF's License.

arielvered

QuoteI've noticed that in the footer of your forum does not appear SMF's copyright.
I really don't know a lot about this. I didn't erase any copyright information.

Maybe that happened when I switched from the default theme to Dani and this theme removed the footer.
The Dani theme was the theme recommended by simplemachines when I looked for something that worked on mobile.

I did that because google said that my forum wasn't readable on mobile devices.

I changed the theme back to default and now the footer is there.

d3vcho

That's right. Can you provide some information to log in and test the problem?

arielvered

QuoteThat's right. Can you provide some information to log in and test the problem?
Am I understanding correctly that you want me to make a user login for you as Admin?

Sir Osis of Liver

Dani theme displays copyright correctly out-of-box.  Either a mod or edit removed it.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

d3vcho

As Admin or as normal user, all I need is login info so I can see the problem. You can send it to me via PM.

Shambles

Dani theme displays copyright correctly out-of-box.  Either a mod or edit removed it.

He has the copyright class set as "color:rgb(255,255,255)" so it's there if you try and select it amongst the white background.

arielvered

QuoteHe has the copyright class set as "color:rgb(255,255,255)" so it's there if you try and select it amongst the white background.
If I understand correctly, the text is set to white on white.
Which file do I change this in? I didn't see the string "copyright class" in any of the files for the theme.
And to what should I change it so that it shows up?

I prefer to keep on using Dani, as Google seems to dislike default.

SychO

Actually, it's not the text's color that was changed to white, it's the container background that was set to white,

if you go to the theme's folder > index.template.php, look for id="footer" and right after it class="wrapper" remove that class
Checkout My Themes:
-

Potato  •  Ackerman  •  SunRise  •  NightBreeze

d3vcho

I now have admin access to the said forum. Will be performing some checks, but I managed to log in using Firefox.

edit: I have successfully loged in the account using Firefox and Chrome, both with the default and Dani theme.
edit2: Also tried with Edge.

arielvered

Quote from: SychO on May 08, 2019, 03:17:26 PM
Actually, it's not the text's color that was changed to white, it's the container background that was set to white,

if you go to the theme's folder > index.template.php, look for id="footer" and right after it class="wrapper" remove that class
Thanks. I did that and now the footer is showing up using the Dani theme.

arielvered

Quote from: d3vcho(); on May 08, 2019, 03:22:02 PM
I now have admin access to the said forum. Will be performing some checks, but I managed to log in using Firefox.

edit: I have successfully loged in the account using Firefox and Chrome, both with the default and Dani theme.
edit2: Also tried with Edge.

I also manage on some machines. But some not.
The admin's computer will only work in incognito mode (also from edge didn't work), and also on her phone, but I can log her in from different machines.

Thanks so much for your help.

d3vcho

That's really odd it works on some computers and in some others not...

Kindred

WHat is the SPECIFIC error received when the individual is unable to log in?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

arielvered

i have attached a screen cap.
incognito logged in, regular one with the error message.

GigaWatt

What's the login cookie's name and timeout interval?

Admin --> Configuration --> Server Settings --> Cookies and Sessions
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

arielvered

Quote from: GigaWatt on May 08, 2019, 08:21:30 PM
What's the login cookie's name and timeout interval?

Admin --> Configuration --> Server Settings --> Cookies and Sessions
Attached to the first message.

Advertisement: