News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

I would like advice on Db Query

Started by Kathryn_, May 11, 2019, 11:43:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kathryn_

I was advised not to work directly with database with my simple machines site. I moved my site from root to public_html and now am stuck with having to recreate the entire site which I got done finally from January 2019 start, every link needs to be modified. they are all forum.site I would not complain aside from the fact all my pictures and the five links I have on each post to the ebook formats. I am talking correcting manually a whole lot of links.  I am hoping that there is a mysql query I could use and what would that possibly be. I have a Db backup to use if things go haywire 

thank you
Site

shawnb61

You do not have to change a lot to move a forum's location.  There is only a handful of key settings that need to be adjusted.

The best way to approach this is to use repair_settings.php, a tool designed to help you do that. 

https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Repair_settings.php

Start there first!

If you continue to have issues, share the exact message you're getting.   
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Arantor

Um, the issue is that there are links in posts that need fixing, something repair_settings can't do...

To the OP, do you have an example of a link that needs changing, e.g. the 'what it is now' and 'what it needs to become'?

Kathryn_

Arantor

Are you losing the .jpg on the end as well?

Kathryn_

that was a posting error on here sorry... no not loosing anything as far as extensions

Arantor

Kathryn_

Kathryn_

It worked and you have saved me so much time... thank you for listening to and solving the situation for me.

Advertisement: