News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Error Register (You are not allowed to access this section)

Started by MultiformeIngegno, April 05, 2019, 02:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MultiformeIngegno

I am experiencing the same issue. I am on SMF 2.1 RC1. The link to sign up is https://retedialogues.it/forum/index.php?action=signup. If you click on Sign up after entering all the information you will receive the same error

EDIT: Upgrading to RC2 did not solve the issue. BTW I have no modifications installed
RockCiclopedia (wiki - forum), Tutta la storia del rock, scritta da voi ...
Rimanere aggiornati sul mondo della musica grazie al nuovo feed "RockCiclopedia Music News"!

MultiformeIngegno

The "Method of registration employed for new members" is set to Admin approval.
No error in the logs
Rimanere aggiornati sul mondo della musica grazie al nuovo feed "RockCiclopedia Music News"!

SychO

Checkout My Themes:
-

Potato  •  Ackerman  •  SunRise  •  NightBreeze

GigaWatt

Hmmm... interestingly enough I can. Don't have RC2 installed yet, it's a nightly from GitHub from last year. Will try upgrading to RC2 and see if the same thing happens again.
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

GigaWatt

Nope... upgrading to RC2 didn't help, still getting "You are not allowed to access this section" :-\.
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: MultiformeIngegno on April 05, 2019, 02:15:02 PM
I am experiencing the same issue. I am on SMF 2.1 RC1. The link to sign up is https://retedialogues.it/forum/index.php?action=signup. If you click on Sign up after entering all the information you will receive the same error

EDIT: Upgrading to RC2 did not solve the issue. BTW I have no modifications installed

Was any modification/change made to the forum before this happened? (It does not have to be the installation of a mod btw)

GigaWatt

I can confirm that the one I'm testing on is a converted version of my current forum, but doesn't contain any mods or custom edits. And it's currently at 2.1 RC2.

MultiformeIngegno

Quote from: doug_ips on April 05, 2019, 05:56:17 PM

Was any modification/change made to the forum before this happened? (It does not have to be the installation of a mod btw)
No modification. I upgraded from 2.0.x

jim2873

I am experiencing the same issue. I am on SMF 2.1 RC1. The link to sign up is hxxp:retedialogues.it/forum/index.php?action=signup [nonactive]. If you click on Sign up after entering all the information you will receive the same error

I had the same problem, turning off the verification captcha solved it for me, try that.
I used a verification question instead, no problems there.

GigaWatt

Yep, that fixed it :).

Reported as a possible bug on GitHub ;).

MultiformeIngegno

Quote from: jim2873 on April 06, 2019, 06:46:51 AM

I had the same problem, turning off the verification captcha solved it for me, try that.
Where is that setting?

jim2873

Quote from: MultiformeIngegno on April 06, 2019, 01:20:11 PM
Quote from: jim2873 on April 06, 2019, 06:46:51 AM
I am experiencing the same issue. I am on SMF 2.1 RC1. The link to sign up is hxxp:retedialogues.it/forum/index.php?action=signup [nonactive]. If you click on Sign up after entering all the information you will receive the same error

Where is that setting?

configuration > anti-spam
turn off ' Use reCAPTCHA Verification System'

GigaWatt

@jim2873: This also happens with reCAPTCHA ???. I thought it only happened with the regular integrated captcha, I didn't have reCAPTCHA active.

slinke

I am also having this "You are not allowed to access this section" problem when new users try to sign up, unless I turn off the Captcha verification. I am running 2.1 RC2.

dsanchez

Quote from: slinke on May 10, 2019, 12:08:40 AM
I am also having this "You are not allowed to access this section" problem when new users try to sign up, unless I turn off the Captcha verification. I am running 2.1 RC2.

some people in my forum had this problem, this solved the issue:

https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=567608.msg4018610#msg4018610

SychO

Add registration questions it should fix the issue for now
Checkout My Themes:
-

Potato  •  Ackerman  •  SunRise  •  NightBreeze

Advertisement: