Error Log

Started by Vacman, May 07, 2019, 11:14:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vacman

So I've been getting this report in my error logs.

Type of error: User
Your account is still awaiting admin approval.

I want to make sure I understand what is happening. My assumption is that this is being generated because a new user is attempting to post, etc before they've been approved?
Or is this something else?

Arantor

They're trying to login but the account is not yet approved, so they can't.

Vacman

Ok, that is what I assumed. Thanks.

Getting a LOT of Russian attempts - and none belong. Wish I could filter this type of stuff without blocking from my server.

Kindred

Add Anti-spam measures -- stop them from ever successfully registering in the first place.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Vacman

I do have the Anti-Spam function turned on, but they still go through the sign-up process - lol.

Kindred

then you don't have the correct measures active.

I have not had a single bot spammer in 3 years, and only 2 human spammers in the same time.

https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Spam_-_my_forum_is_flooded_with_spam,_what_can_I_do

your best defense is 20+ good questions, asking 2 during registration. The cycle will keep the spambots from learning all the questions for quite a while. Eventually, you do have to replace the questions... but as I said... 3 years now.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Vacman

Thanks - got it figured out.... I believe.

Advertisement: