News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Forum Topics Load Slow - Server Move

Started by apexadllc, May 19, 2019, 10:31:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

apexadllc

I moved my main wordpress site and forum off bluehost to in motion hosting and got a fully dedicated server.  My main wordpress site is 10 times faster and my forums were always decently quick even on bluehost.  But during the move, now my forums are slow to load.  The main forum page pulls up quick, but when you click a topic it takes forever for it to open that topic. 

Looking for some help whats causing this issue?

vbgamer45

I would add $db_show_debug to your settings.php https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Settings.php
That way you can see what part is slow.
Also be sure to be on PHP7.1
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

apexadllc

Quote from: vbgamer45 on May 19, 2019, 12:05:02 PM
I would add $db_show_debug to your settings.php https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Settings.php
That way you can see what part is slow.
Also be sure to be on PHP7.1

Great, thank you.  Just got that added.  Where do I view that once it gathers some data? 

Also, just confirmed, on php 7.2.

** Just checked,  a bunch of these lines displayed at the top of my forum. 

Notice: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/*********/public_html/forums/Sources/Subs.php on line 1088

(blocked out my database with **)

Illori

SMF does not support php 7.2. your issue may or may not get better when you downgrade php versions.

also you blocked out possibly your URL, but not your database name.

vbgamer45

After you have the that line inserted in settings.php
There should be a link in the bottom of the page that show queries.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

apexadllc

Quote from: vbgamer45 on May 19, 2019, 11:57:44 PM
After you have the that line inserted in settings.php
There should be a link in the bottom of the page that show queries.

So I got the errors to show.  It was my sources directory which had the wrong path.  However, the forums are still slow.  No errors show at the top now thought, which is good.

vbgamer45

There should be be sql queries shown on the page with time it took to launch.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

apexadllc

Okay, I have that added.  Also, when I go to post, it'll let me get in the reply box and type my message, but when I hit post it doesn't actually post it. thoughts??

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Biology Forums

Slow topic loading means that you're loading too many inquiries at once. Mind sending a link to a topic that's running slow?

njtweb

Quote from: Illori on May 19, 2019, 06:22:26 PM
SMF does not support php 7.2. your issue may or may not get better when you downgrade php versions.

I think that was on purpose.

Illori

Quote from: njtweb on May 21, 2019, 01:47:38 PM
Quote from: Illori on May 19, 2019, 06:22:26 PM

I think that was on purpose.

it was but the OP said the wrong thing, I was trying to correct them.

apexadllc

Quote from: Study Force on May 21, 2019, 01:42:35 PM
Slow topic loading means that you're loading too many inquiries at once. Mind sending a link to a topic that's running slow?

https://www.elk101.com/forums/index.php?wwwRedirect

This is my forum main page.  If you go click on a board it stalls to load to open the topics under the board. 

vbgamer45

That is way too slow when clicking on topic categories. Do you have any mods that affect topic categories
My guess would be sql statements are being locked up.
If you have phpmyadmin you can do show processlist or from mysql command prompt.
When the site is running slow to see if you can see which SQL query is running slow.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

SpacePhoenix

Have all the indexs been rebuilt and/or updated since the move to the new server?

lurkalot

I noticed the version of SimplePortal used on there is out of date (SimplePortal 2.3.6), don't know if that would have any affect, but thought I'd mention it just in case.

apexadllc

Quote from: SpacePhoenix on May 22, 2019, 01:55:33 AM
Have all the indexs been rebuilt and/or updated since the move to the new server?

They have, yes.  I've tried all of the things under the maintenance tabs.

apexadllc

Quote from: vbgamer45 on May 21, 2019, 06:46:28 PM
That is way too slow when clicking on topic categories. Do you have any mods that affect topic categories
My guess would be sql statements are being locked up.
If you have phpmyadmin you can do show processlist or from mysql command prompt.
When the site is running slow to see if you can see which SQL query is running slow.

I do have phpmyadmin - how do I go about this?  Not a server guy.

vbgamer45

There should be a process list section inside phpmyadmin on the server level page.

Refresh that list when the page is locking up to see if there is a query

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

apexadllc

Advertisement: