News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Tag in post to Vote in poll topic

Started by kesulin, May 22, 2019, 05:01:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kesulin

Hi all, I search to mod that can write a tag in a post and this tag used to vote in a poll of this topic.

Example:
Poll in Topic with options: House Party, Cinema, Pub, Nothing

Some user post this text in that topic:
[Vote]House Party[/Vote]

When post is published mod add a vote to House Party option. If the same user write the tag in a new post the mod change their vote to the new option.

Is this posible?

Arantor

It's technically achievable but I can't believe it would ever be a good experience compared to just selecting the option and saving.

Also... polls can have multiple choices, e.g. pick any 3 items off the list, which this doesn't solve.

kesulin

Finally I don't use polls for vote count. I create a mod that select all messages in a topic and find the correct tag every post, deleting all quotes before.

We used it for voting during Werewolf plays.

If someone wants to see the bot working please visit us at castronegro.net. I can share the bot with every one interested.

thanks,

Kindred

In other words, you attempted to recreate the voting system, but in a weaker, more complicated way that has definite issues (like the fact that it potentially does not record voted which may be misspelled.)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

kesulin

Visit castronegro.net, then you may understand why I program this.

We use this for vote system playing werewolf games, when the vote is made and how explain it is important in this game. A poll can't offer this, we need time when the vote is made, who is voting every option and offer the posibility to add an explanation.

Also, with a poll someone can vote without post anything, that is not allowed. Another inconvenient is poll accept votes for everyone, maybe someone vote and is not playing the game.

The game is this one:

Advertisement: