News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Parse Error: Syntax Error Unexpected

Started by TheRaven, May 24, 2019, 10:27:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheRaven

I just logged into my forum for the first time today and was greeted with the following: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ''{"additional_options_collapsi' (T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE) in /home/soundoff/public_html/cache/data_efe1218df9df5d359e384e93d340b1eb-SMF-modSettings.php on line 1
I haven't touched any files, I did install a new theme but this was last week and I haven't ran into any other issues since. What needs to be edited to fix this issue? Thanks in advance! Also I have no mods installed on my forum, just some new themes. No one else has access to my FTP account nor the admin control panel as far as I'm aware.

Oldiesmann

Sounds like one of your cache files got corrupted. You should be able to safely delete that file - SMF will regenerate it.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Arantor

I really wish that we didn't just immediately tell people to delete the file, as opposed to getting them to upload the file here first. That way, we can investigate why it failed and fix it.

Illori

also which version of SMF are you using that has this issue?

TheRaven

Arantor

Thank you for sharing :)

Can you ask your host if your site's files are stored on an NFS mount? What happened is that SMF thought it had written the entire file but it only wrote part of it (specifically 8KB exactly) and I'm wondering if the reason is because it's mapped to an NFS mount where things like locking don't apply the same way - and where NFS can write a different amount of file compared to what PHP thinks was written.

Advertisement: