Error message: 2: is_writable() expects parameter 1 to be a valid path

Started by Donster, May 24, 2019, 10:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donster

Sorry if someone already posted this, I was not able to find the same error on the search engine.

I just installed SMF and the error log is throwing this error every few minutes.

Error message: 2: is_writable() expects parameter 1 to be a valid path, array given

it keeps referencing line 1216 in the security.php file

I am totally lost with this, no idea what it means or how to fix, please help. :D

Thanks!

Arantor

mronet

Hi,

i have version SMF 2.1 RC2 and get the same error too!

@Donster - have you solved the problem?
If yes - please can you tell me how?

Thank you in advance!
Regards

Suki

Welcome to SMF.

Do you also have the same error reference to Sources/Security.php file?
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

mronet

Hi Suki,

yes.

Quote2: is_writable() expects parameter 1 to be a valid path, array given
hxxp:www.domain.com/index.php?action=admin;area=logs;sa=settings [nonactive]
/var/www/clients/client2/web103/web/Sources/Security.php (Zeile 1216

And i get an error if i try to edit the settings in the attachments if i disable the error log!

Quotearray(9) {
  • => array(3) { ["file"]=> string(54) "/var/www/clients/client2/web103/web/Sources/Errors.php" ["line"]=> int(290) ["function"]=> string(9) "log_error" } [1]=> array(1) { ["function"]=> string(17) "smf_error_handler" } [2]=> array(3) { ["file"]=> string(52) "/var/www/clients/client2/web103/web/Sources/Load.php" ["line"]=> int(157) ["function"]=> string(16) "htmlspecialchars" } [3]=> array(3) { ["file"]=> string(60) "/var/www/clients/client2/web103/web/Sources/ManageServer.php" ["line"]=> int(1037) ["function"]=> string(9) "{closure}" } [4]=> array(3) { ["file"]=> string(65) "/var/www/clients/client2/web103/web/Sources/ManageAttachments.php" ["line"]=> int(254) ["function"]=> string(23) "prepareDBSettingContext" } [5]=> array(3) { ["file"]=> string(52) "/var/www/clients/client2/web103/web/Sources/Subs.php" ["line"]=> int(5083) ["function"]=> string(24) "ManageAttachmentSettings" } [6]=> array(3) { ["file"]=> string(65) "/var/www/clients/client2/web103/web/Sources/ManageAttachments.php" ["line"]=> int(76) ["function"]=> string(11) "call_helper" } [7]=> array(3) { ["file"]=> string(53) "/var/www/clients/client2/web103/web/Sources/Admin.php" ["line"]=> int(497) ["function"]=> string(17) "ManageAttachments" } [8]=> array(3) { ["file"]=> string(45) "/var/www/clients/client2/web103/web/index.php" ["line"]=> int(151) ["function"]=> string(9) "AdminMain" } } Error loop.
If i have enabled the error log i can change the settings!?

Regards
mronet

Suki

I cannot replicate the issue with the latest release, can you tell me your current attachment settings and if you upgraded from a 2.0 install or if it was a clean 2.1 installation?
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

mronet

Hi Suki,

i updated from an 2.0.15 version to 2.1 RC2.

Which attachments settings do you want to see?

Best Greetings

Suki

Ah yes, that might explain why I cannot replicate. I'm interested on your attachment dir settings, I assume you set it up to multiple directories.

I tracked it on github: https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1/issues/5715

mronet

Hi Suki,

thank's for your answer.

I made parallely a new (clean) installation and deleted all old entrys in the database, all old folders and set the correctly rights of the folders.
Then i transferred the files from the attachments folder in a new one (attachments_new) - deleted the old attachments folder and rename the new one (in the administration area) back to attachments and then i made an attachments check.

No it works :-)

Big thanks to you! :-)

Best Regards

Suki

Cool, glad you solved that way. It was also solved on the codebase as well.

Advertisement: