Editing author's data to show besides a post

Started by Wichtlmex, May 25, 2019, 04:36:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wichtlmex

Hi:

I can't find the setting to avoid too many data with the avatar besides the post (like Category etc.)  The avatar only would be enough!
Is there a chance to do so?
Regards
Michael

br360

Are you saying you want to remove things like membergroup name (like admin) the red boxes, post count, etc.?

Antes

Display.template.php, what you are looking from (the container) starts here;

// Begin display of user info
echo '
</h4>
<ul class="user_info">';

Wichtlmex

Quote from: Antes on May 25, 2019, 07:22:39 PM
Display.template.php, what you are looking from (the container) starts here;

// Begin display of user info
echo '
</h4>
<ul class="user_info">';

So what do you suggest?
I guess, if I make any change to these files, this will be invalidated by any  smf software update? Or might be by a theme change? I really do not dare to do that if I do not know the consequences, besides I am a php dummy.

Wichtlmex

Quote from: br360 on May 25, 2019, 07:10:46 PM
Are you saying you want to remove things like membergroup name (like admin) the red boxes, post count, etc.?

Hi,
yes exactly, that was my idea1 It takes a lot of space and might not be very important. Minly the red boxes and the "newbie" category.... I do not like these categories!
As I am new to SMF, I was quite sure there is an option I cannot find in all the settings and in the help docs either!
Regards
Michael

Arantor

The red boxes (member group icon) you can remove by configuring the different groups not to have an icon, but there's no feature for removing display of groups which will have to be done as a code change.

If you are using 2.1 RC2, upgrading to RC3 or 2.1.0 stable will remove your changes.

Gary

^ Unless the user creates a copy of the default theme, and then copies their Display.template.php into the newly copied theme of course.
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

Arantor

Which will likely mess up if the changes from RC3 are not backported into the RC2 theme. Surely you remember the messes caused last time with suggesting people do this kind of thing.

Advertisement: