1.1.21 to 2.1 RC2 upgrade problem

Started by rclancy, June 04, 2019, 02:45:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rclancy

I've been trying all sorts of stuff to get from the 1.1 to 2.1....  to keep this short, the most progress I've made is starting the upgrader and getting an immediate "directory /home/land/public_html/forums/avs has to be writeable". 

BUT.... there is no such directory.  Hosting is at 1and1, and the path is like "/homepages/46/(lotsa numbers)/htdocs/landracing".

I've set all the directories to 777 permissions, and the files to 666 but it hasn't helped.

Under /landracing is the forum.  I've gone through settings.php, done a word search on the whole forum directory looking for "/home", etc. and can't figure out where this is coming from or how to get around it or trick it...

Thanks,
Bob

shawnb61

It appears you have a custom avatar directory configured.   

(In 2.0...)  You will find this setting under Admin | Forum | Avatar Settings.   There is a part of the page for configuring Uploadable Avatars.  This is where I think you will find a reference to that folder. 

If the folder doesn't exist, then folks have probably been having problems uploading custom avatars...   

So...  First configure the custom avatar settings the way you want them.  Once that is working properly, then proceed with the upgrade. 
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

rclancy

That's it!  That's where it's coming from.  You probably saved me another two fruitless days of thrashing around. ;D

shawnb61

Glad to help.  I'll mark this topic as solved. 
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Advertisement: