News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Run a community contest

Started by aksal, June 04, 2019, 04:40:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aksal

Hi,
I'm trying to engage the members more in posting to facilitate community involvement. And I got this Idea but don't know how to achieve it.
My forum has about 980,000 posts and I want to run a contest where basically the members have to post and the one member who posts the post number 1 million gets the price. The question is how to identify which member posts the post number 1 million? Ideas?

SychO

That's one way to encourage spamming if you ask me
Checkout My Themes:
-

Potato  •  Ackerman  •  SunRise  •  NightBreeze

Illori

yoururlhere/index.php?msg=1000000

aksal

Quote from: Illori on June 04, 2019, 05:05:31 PM

Thanks, but it isn't working. This way shows somehow a fixed post ID and is giving me a post, even though my forum doesn't have yet that number of posts. I think it counts the deleted/removed posts too.

Looking

Custom code that checks when x post reached contact you with an Email or whatever about who made the post, etc.

Sir Osis of Liver

You can view smf_messages table in phpmyadmin, sort id_msg so latest is first (click column title twice), that will give you id_member and poster_name of member who made the post.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Illori

Quote from: aksal on June 04, 2019, 06:52:18 PM
Quote from: Illori on June 04, 2019, 05:05:31 PM

Thanks, but it isn't working. This way shows somehow a fixed post ID and is giving me a post, even though my forum doesn't have yet that number of posts. I think it counts the deleted/removed posts too.

yes it does count deleted messages. there is no other way to get what you want. even looking in the database may not get you the correct message if you are looking at the id.

aksal

Quote from: Looking on June 04, 2019, 06:54:14 PM
Custom code that checks when x post reached contact you with an Email or whatever about who made the post, etc.

You are my man, buddy. I'll contact you when ready to get this done.
Thanks all you guys for the support.

Advertisement: