News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Calender - How to enter school holidays >1 day

Started by Wichtlmex, June 08, 2019, 02:38:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wichtlmex

Hi,
is it possible to enter the holudays in form "from" - "to"? Seems I can only enter day by day and for 6 weeks holidays this is a headache
regards
Michael

GigaWatt

"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

@rjen

I think you posted in the wrong section: you are using 2.1, not 2.0...

In 2.0 you can have multi-day events, then you specify start date and number of days.

The way multi-day events work is changed in 2.1: in RC2 specifying start and end date is pretty much standard... see attachment

You may need to update to the latest version of SMF first: I recall that there have been updates from beta to RC1 and RC2 on the calendar functionalities...
Running SMF 2.1 with latest TinyPortal at www.fjr-club.nl

Wichtlmex

Thanks @rjen, you are right about my version of course... sorry I missed that.
Maybe I will explain better:
I am NOT talking about an event. I learned that already.
I am talking about the HOLIDAYS settings.

Oldiesmann

Your only options are to either create a separate holiday for each day or enter it as an event. SMF does not support holidays spanning more than one day.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Wichtlmex

Hi Michael:

Understood. I will put that into "change requests". It is not acceptable for me to generate an event for holidays. I will have events and holidays at the same dates and I don't want to have them looking same. Best would be to have "holidays" looking like a background or with any different formatting instead of just the title "Holiday"/"Event"

Sesquipedalian

This is not a change we are likely to introduce in 2.1. Creating the ability to have multi-day holidays would require a major rewrite of the relevant code as well as changes to the database structure.

If you want this ability, your best bet is to request a mod. Given the scope of work such a mod will require, you should also expect to need to pay someone to create it for you. It will not be a trivial undertaking.
I promise you nothing.

Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

Advertisement: