Paid Subscription Setup and Reporting

Started by horisize, September 01, 2019, 10:55:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

horisize

Anyone would like to help me with my "paid subscriptions" too?

Is there an alternative mod to accept subscription fees, not restricted to Paypal?

Sir Osis of Liver

No, paid subs will only work with PayPal, but PayPal accepts payment by credit card.  Several attempts were made to add different payment gateways in 2.0 (core code allows for that), don't know if any were successful.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Arantor

To my knowledge, Google Wallet, 2Checkout and Authorize.net were implemented but the first hasn't been updated, the second was never released by its author and the third was lost to the mists of time (and would need a rewrite anyway)

What did you have in mind?

horisize

Thank you for your replies.

I would like to see Paid subscriptions working flawlessly with several choices of payment channels, including visa, master, crypto currencies like Bitcoin, Grin etc. Paypal charges a lot and are very arrogant towards their clients. Who would be the person to contact about implementing this? I wrote a message to the "author" but have received no reply.

Arantor

You'll probably need to pay someone to get anything implemented since the dev team has nothing on its roadmap for 2.1 for new payment gateways.

horisize

Sir Osis of Liver

PayPal doesn't charge anything for credit card payments.  They're not so much arrogant as incompetent since they moved merchant support offshore.  It's a shame, as they really were pretty good to work with up until a few years ago.  Don't think you'll have much demand for crypto currencies, unless you're running an underground site.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Arantor

Quote from: horisize on September 06, 2019, 12:43:48 PM
can you recommend anyone?

The people I'd recommend are expensive, I reckon it'd be several hundred dollars for each gateway desired, but I'm very particular who I'd recommend. I usually do it myself but honestly I have so little time to implement these in SMF myself :(

horisize

Please introduce me, dealing with mediocre talent will be even more expensive in the long run. I would rather pay a premium for quality than paying less for a lot of problems.

Arantor

The figures I got from the folks I'd recommend for this were "1-2 days implementation, 2-3 days testing per API backend" which at their prices works out at £2160 to £3600 EACH for things like Stripe and probably Bitcoin. And that's only the price for a single developer working on them.

Note, this is simply their standard pricing model for consulting works. This wouldn't be going to anyone less than a senior PHP developer because third party integration and payment related. Note that if you want to handle VISA/Mastercard yourself directly, that means going down the road of getting PCI/DSS certified and the cost for that is easily in 6 figures if you're doing that kind of thing (there'a reason payment gateways do this normally.)

Biology Forums

Quote from: horisize on September 07, 2019, 04:38:42 AM
Please introduce me, dealing with mediocre talent will be even more expensive in the long run. I would rather pay a premium for quality than paying less for a lot of problems.

I can help you implement Stripe.com -- they accept bitcoin. I have it implemented on two of my website.

Advertisement: