Nonstop "Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again"

Started by TheSnake, June 11, 2019, 04:59:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drewactual

there is a procedure for removing hooks from your database... i can't recall if it is an SQL query or a php script, but somebody will be along shortly to help us with that.... either way, that mod uses a hook to function and that hook has to be set free.

drewactual

go back to that phpinfo from before and look for OPCache and it's status... there is also an OPCache management tool you can create that will help you manage what scripts it is 'holding in suspension for reuse' and where you can reset individual files or all of them... if you are in a shared environment, you may not know if you have it running, and, you may not have access to managing it... you'd have to ask your host to reset it for you most likely. 

TheSnake

OK, I saw it. Here's what we have:

"Zend OPcache

Opcode Caching   Up and Running
Optimization   Enabled
Startup   OK
Shared memory model   mmap
Cache hits   896
Cache misses   209
Used memory   24458656
Free memory   42636320
Wasted memory   13888
Interned Strings Used memory   3606784
Interned Strings Free memory   587520
Cached scripts   198
Cached keys   211
Max keys   3907
OOM restarts   0
Hash keys restarts   0
Manual restarts   0
Directive   Local Value   Master Value
opcache.blacklist_filename   no value   no value
opcache.consistency_checks   0   0
opcache.dups_fix   Off   Off
opcache.enable   On   On
opcache.enable_cli   Off   Off
opcache.enable_file_override   Off   Off
opcache.error_log   no value   no value
opcache.fast_shutdown   0   0
opcache.file_update_protection   2   2
opcache.force_restart_timeout   180   180
opcache.inherited_hack   On   On
opcache.interned_strings_buffer   4   4
opcache.load_comments   1   1
opcache.log_verbosity_level   1   1
opcache.max_accelerated_files   2000   2000
opcache.max_file_size   0   0
opcache.max_wasted_percentage   5   5
opcache.memory_consumption   64   64
opcache.optimization_level   0xFFFFFFFF   0xFFFFFFFF
opcache.preferred_memory_model   no value   no value
opcache.protect_memory   0   0
opcache.restrict_api   no value   no value
opcache.revalidate_freq   2   2
opcache.revalidate_path   Off   Off
opcache.save_comments   1   1
opcache.use_cwd   On   On
opcache.validate_timestamps   On   On
"

drewactual

make certain you've unhooked and disabled the social login mod, and after you've changed the cookie name and ran repair_settings, ask your host to reset your OPCache.

Or... you can TRY this- download, and then create a file with the code found at https://github.com/amnuts/opcache-gui ,  and see if you can manage the cache for only your webpage.  if you can, simply clear the cache. 

TheSnake

I'm afraid it's too difficult for my present level.  :-[ But thank you anyway.

drewactual

not too difficult and ye you can... not hard... follow directions:

create a file named opcache.php or whatever you choose and paste this into it:

Illori

please don't post that much text in one post. it got cut off. create the file so the op can use it.

drewactual

drewactual

again- make a file, paste the contents of this file into it (or just upload this file) and navigate to it... it's intuitive, but you're looking for the reset button. 

Sir Osis of Liver

You can remove hooks with fix_packages.php, but it will break other hooked mods if you do.  I would uoload clean set of files, run fix_packages, see if that clears the glitch.  You'll have to reinstall any mods you want to continue to use.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

drewactual

with as many hits as the OPCache is showing, chances are in my opinion he has perhaps solved the original issue but the cache is trapping it.. for instance, load.php has some issue with OPCache often times i have witnessed.. trapping and not updating, and therefor retaining problem scripts in suspension until it is manually cleared and reloaded with the changes.

a matter of fact, his OPCache could easily be holding a corrupted login2 and the issue is that simple.  this is one of the reasons why i have it configured on my primary page to flush files every so often and to (every so often) compare the byte size of files and/or the dates to determine changes and force it to reload.     

TheSnake

I'm frankly trying all you suggest. This time I tried fix_packages.php. As far as I haven't admin login (every admin attempt produces that session error thing and there is no more admin control, new users, moderator control, etc.), I decided to try it in that way: , but when tried to access it like that repair_settings.php and phpinfo.php, it's not working (and maybe it's not meant to be), because I got this 404: .

Well, I'm still trying to understand that opache-control thing, but still not able to realize what's that, because right now I'm having this and trying to figure out all I can: .

TheSnake

Update. That thing is also not helping: . Tried many times. No result.
(About the browsers. I cleaned all the cookies and stuff. We tried 3 cleaned up browsers -- Firefox, Opera and IE... The same...

The themes -- core, curve -- the same.)

Probably, it's over?

Sir Osis of Liver

No, it's not over if your database is intact, you can always rebuild the forum from scratch as long as you have your content.  Do a clean install in different directory, connect it to production database, run repair_settings, see if login works.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

drewactual

Sir, I apologize.. it was right under my nose from the first of this thread. 

go look at your post listing your sessions values from the php info file..

your probability is zero.
your garbage collection (gc) is also zero.
your sessions cookie value time value is zero.

set them (have your host set them) to at least:
100 (this means 100 out of the value below will be challenged again even if they have valid cookies)
100000 (this is the total pool of ppl with valid cookies to be compared before 'garbage' is collected)
1440 (this is how long the SERVER values cookies/sessions... realize, this isn't exactly 'logged in' but 'recorded as a visitor' as a session begins from the servers perspective as soon as a computer connects to port 80 or port 443... the 1440 is in seconds)

also, the file path is the standard for an install which is fine, but make sure the system can write to the file- permissions and php user based...

in short, this is a hosting issue and you should cut them loose on it after pointing them in the right direction.  I personally wouldn't alter anything more until given the green light by your host.  i wager they did an update or alteration to accommodate another user and it impacted you.

TheSnake

TheSnake

QuoteThank you for contacting our support team. A support ticket has now been opened for your request. You will be notified when a response is made by email. The details of your ticket are shown below.

Subject: Session errors non-stop. The forum isn't allowing logins.
Priority: Medium

(  Ticket Information
#387997 - Session errors non-stop. The forum isn't allowing logins.
Open
Department
Technical Support
Submitted
14/06/2019 (06:29)
Last Updated
10 hours ago
Priority
Medium)

Still waiting for their response/action.

TheSnake

Done. :) If you want to know what was the concrete problem:
QuoteI apologize for any delay you experienced. I've disable litespeed webserver caching. Please check now.
It's OK now.

Advertisement: