News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

appears that your database may require an upgrade

Started by jmille44, June 18, 2019, 01:14:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmille44

I am receiving the error below when trying to delete accounts or ban users.
I don't want to mess up the forums, anyone know how to fix this?  Thank you in advance for any help!

Table './database948574/smf_log_errors' is marked as crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed
File: /Users/forumsite/Sources/Subs-Members.php
Line: 256

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 2.0.15, while your database is at version 2.0. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

Kindred

the database version message is a red herring and is not correct and not important. ignore it.

your real issue is the crashed table.
Go into your hosting CPanel/phpmyadmin and repair it.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

jmille44

Once I am in phpmyadmin, how do I repair it?

Thanks!

Kindred

select the table in the checkboxes and the choose repair from the options to act on the selected table(s)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

jmille44

I can select the checkbox of the table but for the life of me can not find repair anywhere.

Is the repair option somewhere not obvious?

Thanks again for the help

Illori

if you cant find it ask your host to look into it for you.

jmille44

So I found it and repaired the table smf_log_errors but the error continues.

Do I need to repair more tables?

Illori

is another table listed as crashed? if so then repair that one as well.

jmille44

Worked!  thanks everyone.  I just had to Empty out unimportant logs and that seems to have worked along with the repair table.  Thanks again.

Advertisement: