News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

new install no admin page

Started by orelanic, June 12, 2019, 10:33:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

orelanic

Hi
Not sure if this is a bug, I tried to install smf 2.1, all seemed to go well, forum was up and running and I could login with no issues, and even post to the forum, but I cannot enter into the Admin panel.

I can enter into the main forum, and all the sub pages that drop down form the Admin button such as, features and options, package manager, error logs, and permissions, except if I click on the main Admin button I get an error message.

Warning: require_once(/home/@@@@@/public_html/talkinglifelines.com/forum/Sources/Subs.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/@@@@@/public_html/talkinglifelines.com/forum/index.php on line 49

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/@@@@@@/public_html/talkinglifelines.com/forum/Sources/Subs.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php71/pear') in /home/@@@@@@/public_html/talkinglifelines.com/forum/index.php on line 49

When I made the test post I seen this error in the log

Type of error: Critical
  The selected search API the forum is using is out of date - falling back to standard search. Please check file SearchAPI-Standard.php.  https://talkinglifelines.com/forum/index.php?action=post2;start=0;board=1

Any ideas whats best to do here, reinstall it? Its only a test forum so not urgent

www.therapyworld.net
TLC for minds

Illori

does the Subs.php file exist? if not ask your host what happened to it.

also take a look at

Search API error in 2.1 RC2

orelanic

Thank you for the information it was very helpful, I did manage to alter the code in the php file and solve the main issue, but I have a new one.

When I make a post in the forum I get this error:

Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected 'SMF' (T_STRING), expecting ',' or ';' in /home/@@@@@/public_html/talkinglifelines.com/forum/Sources/Class-SearchAPI.php on line 153

When I check, the post has been successfully posted even with the error showing, if I go back and refresh the page I can see the post.

Is this one of those fix this then that brakes errors   ;D

www.therapyworld.net
TLC for minds

Shambles

Attach your current version of Class-SearchAPI.php to your next post, or show us (using code blocks) the 10 lines surrounding (before & after) line 153 of that file.

orelanic

Thanks for taking the time
Sorry I am a bit late, work and all that stuff

I attached the file as a doc for your consideration.

www.therapyworld.net
TLC for minds

Gary

Your error is actually on line 148.

Find:

public $version_compatible = 'SMF 2.1 RC2;

Replace with

public $version_compatible = 'SMF 2.1 RC2';

Next time though, please just attach the file itself rather than a copy-paste into MS Word, it adds unnecessary steps to diagnose the problem. (copying back into a text editor and turning colour syntaxing on)
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

orelanic

Thank you for your help, it all seems to work with no issues now it has been changed, and I have to say I am impressed with the new look.  8)

Thanks again
www.therapyworld.net
TLC for minds

Advertisement: