News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Any simple way to increase the editors window automatically ?

Started by aegersz, June 14, 2019, 06:24:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aegersz

Hi forumfolk,

After about 5 years of manually expanding the editor's window i wondered if it is preset somewhere convenient?
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Sir Osis of Liver

Interesting.  Inspect element displays textarea height as 175px, but it doesn't appear anywhere in 2.0 code.  Only way I can change it is by adding height here -

GenericControls.template.php

<div>
<div style="width: 98.8%;">
<div>
<textarea style="height: 300px;" class="editor" name="', $editor_id, '" id="', $editor_id, '" rows="', $editor_context['rows'], '" cols="600" onselect="storeCaret(this);" onclick="storeCaret(this);" onkeyup="storeCaret(this);" onchange="storeCaret(this);" tabindex="', $context['tabindex']++, '" style="height: ', $editor_context['height'], '; ', isset($context['post_error']['no_message']) || isset($context['post_error']['long_message']) ? 'border: 1px solid red;' : '', '">', $editor_context['value'], '</textarea>
</div>
<div id="', $editor_id, '_resizer" class="richedit_resize"></div>
</div>
</div>

If you change it anywhere else it has no effect.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

aegersz

Perfect !

so much nicer than looking through a letterbox.

thank you, Sir.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

aegersz

i think so, too.

maybe it will one day it could be a Configuration option - after all, where would we be without an editor ?!

(a joke i heard: " I hate rhetorical statements, I mean "what's the point ?!" ")  ::)

I settled on 400px.

Biology Forums

Check my link: https://biology-forums.com/index.php?action=post;board=3.0

Press enter number of times on the textarea. It expands automatically...

Is that something you'd be interested in?

kesulin

Quote from: Study Force on June 30, 2019, 10:02:07 AM
Check my link: https://biology-forums.com/index.php?action=post;board=3.0

Press enter number of times on the textarea. It expands automatically...

Is that something you'd be interested in?
Not for me, thanks!

aegersz

Thanks but i'm finding a larger window as a DEFAULT to be more suitable.

Advertisement: