News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

What is the recommended spam protector for 2.0.15

Started by Kathryn_, June 15, 2019, 03:57:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kathryn_

Si I guess Stop forum spam does not work as it had...and I tried another mod that rang an error so I did nit install it.. what is the best mod to use for today's spam?

Kathryn_

iYes and I use all of those  I hope for today's aggressive spammers it's enough

Looking

If they still join then make sure they have to do certain steps that need approval such as making an intro before they can post anything else.

Kathryn_

That's a great idea I did not think of.. Isn't there a configuration on here for it? I will look today, I already use the email verification, most of those yahoos have disposable emails and toxic IP's. but I dont think they can get through my questions and my site is english only because I follow only US copyrights thank you for the epic idea, Looking

delta5

Interesting. I have the scanner from stopforumspam.com installed on two forums and haven't had a bot register successfully yet. If you installed it, there are 3 boxes in its admin settings that need to be ticked, or it wont do anything.
If it is working, it will report blocked attempts in your forum error log. Don't worry, it's not actually an error.

Advertisement: