News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Move member/guest bit

Started by njtweb, June 18, 2019, 07:21:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

njtweb

Hi, before I request paid support, is there a mod that will do this? To me the member info is wasting valuable space which could instead be used for topic/post content. I already removed post count, and group membership id, hopefully today I'll be removing the trader system.

Ultimately I only want member name or guest, that is it. My site is all older adults and nobody cares about anything but the name. The image shows where I'd like to move the member/guest id.

Thank you to all in advance.

Kindred

That is 100% based on theme.... there are some themes that put the information there.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Illori

@rjen

Quick fix by editing your index.css..

Find

/* poster and postarea + moderation area underneath */
.post_wrapper
{
float:left;
width:100%;
}
.poster
{
float: left;
width: 15em;
}
.postarea, .moderatorbar
{
margin: 0 0 0 16em;
}

and add below that

.poster
{
width: 100%;
}
.postarea, .moderatorbar
{
margin: 0 0 0 1em;
}
Running SMF 2.1 with latest TinyPortal at www.fjr-club.nl

njtweb

Thanks @rjen! That's perfect.

Kindred

why would you ADD that?

replace

.poster
{
width: 15em;
}
.postarea, .moderatorbar
{
margin: 0 0 0 16em;
}

with this

.poster
{
width: 100%
}
.postarea, .moderatorbar
{
margin: 0 0 0 1em;
}

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

@rjen

Simple: he did not state what he wanted to do with do with the moderatorbar!

(And I said it was a quick fix, right?)
Running SMF 2.1 with latest TinyPortal at www.fjr-club.nl

njtweb

I don't have and won't ever have moderators. Just me, I don't have any posting policies. If people become a PITA, I just tell them to stop being a PITA. If they post something inappropriate, I ask them to stop. If they don't listen. I edit their post and lock it. I've only had 2 degenerate old guys who caused issues and I've taken care of them since.

Advertisement: