News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Package Manager says the MOD is not installed

Started by Randem, June 23, 2019, 10:11:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randem

Package Manager says the MOD is not installed but it installed it anyway and it is working. How can I uninstall the MOD if Package Manager thinks it is not installed?
Will I have to do it manually?
Scams - How to Protect Yourself
Why Professionals Should Not Use Free Email Accounts

Always ignore those who attempt to tell you what to think and believe those who will allow you think for yourself

Randem

Thanks Illori,

I tried the fix_packages program but it did not find the MOD in question. The MOD shows up in Package Manager as NOT installed but the fix_package program does not see it at all (installed or not installed). But the MOD in question is definitely active and working properly. I guess I will have to use the backup file that package manager created to restore the files to their state before the MOD was installed and try again.

Always ignore those who attempt to tell you what to think and believe those who will allow you think for yourself

Sir Osis of Liver

You can reset it in the database, if you're up for that.  It's in smf_log_packages, set install_state to 1.

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Illori

which mod is it? is the mod archive actually found in the Packages folder?

Randem

Illori:

All files are where they supposed to be. The Uploaded MOD file is in the /Packages folder, the MOD backup files are in the /Packages/backups folder an all the MODS files are where they need to be. The MOD is working and showing up in Package Manager but just as NOT installed. The [ Install Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] links are all there for the MOD.

This did happen to me once before a while back and I had to basically clean out the MOD manually and clear the Package Manager's installed.list file so that it could be recreated. I forgot the procedure it was so far back but will have to stumble thru it. I know if I just delete the MOD file from the Packages folder it will removed from the list but the MOD would still be active.

Sir Osis of Liver:

Can't reset it cause it is not there, but possibly creating an entry in the log_packages table would resolve this issue and let me uninstall the MOD.

Illori

even if you restored the mods backup files from before the install, it would not remove any hooks the mod may have put in place.

you still have not answered the question of which mod you are having the issue with.

Sir Osis of Liver

Quote from: Randem on June 23, 2019, 10:11:41 AM
creating an entry in the log_packages table would resolve this issue and let me uninstall the MOD.

I wouldn't.  If it's a recurring problem, may be time for a clean install.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Randem

Illori, Yes I know about the hooks etc... and will remove them accordingly. It is one of my MOD's currently. I believe the last time this happened the site went down in the middle of an install and since the MOD was working no one cared... It most like failed before the update of the log_packages table,

Advertisement: