News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

New Replies list not updating

Started by chadon, June 26, 2019, 09:20:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chadon

Hi,

A member has been reporting a bug with the unread replies list (?action=unreadreplies) since she used the "mark all messages as read" button a few days ago.

I checked her profile using her account's IDs and her "unread replies" list is empty while her "unread posts since last visit" shows topics where she posted and even topics she started.
What is even weirder is the fact that this page shows a link to "all unread topics" (index.php?action=unread;all;start=0) like in the "unread posts since the last visit" one.

I used all functions in the admin's maintenance panel but they didn't resolve anything.

Is it a know bug and is there a solution to fix it?

chadon

Here is a capture of her empty "unreadreplies" page with a message saying :
"No unread topic found since your last visit. Click here to read all unread topics.

Kindred

Are you actually using SMF 2.1 RC2?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

chadon

No, the forum was unusable after I upgraded from 2.0 to 2.1 RC1 (See this topic) and I had the help of a programer to repair it and make it run smooth again so I probably won't upgrade it until 2.1 final is ready.
I know you can't give support for something that was modified by others or not upgraded but if this bug is known and a fix is available, it would be great.  ;D

Illori

since 2.1 is not a full release you need to be ready to upgrade it as we make releases, they have bug fixes in them which may have fixed this one. we are not going to find the fixes and provide you the changes. you should upgrade to RC2 and see if the issue is fixed. otherwise we really cannot support you for using an outdated version.

Kindred

Illori -- I think that he means that he is still using 2.0.15 since the upgrade to 2.1 was not successful.

If so, then, mustang... you posted in the wrong area since you posted in the 2.1 support section. :P
I'll move it.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Illori

if it is the forum that is linked via his profile, it is running 2.1 RC1.

also the picture attached has the 2.1 menu.

chadon

Yes, I upgraded from 2.0.15 to 2.1 RC1 back in february and it was a complete mess. I had someone helping me to fix all the issues I had after the upgrade so I am not planing to upgrade to RC2 and erase all the fixes he has done.

There are still a few little bugs but it's OK, I can live with them and wait till the full release of 2.1 before I upgrade and I ask for support again.
Thank you.

Kindred

Your fixer probably missed many of the other items that we fixed... seriously,  you should update,  especially since we don't plan to support outdated candidate  versions.

Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: