News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Floating Menu?

Started by njtweb, June 26, 2019, 03:43:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

njtweb

Sorry, I don't know what it's actually called. I'm assuming that's what it's called.

Is there any way to stick the 2.0.15 Default Curve menu so that it stays at the top of the screen in view when scrolling on a desktop or MAC in all browsers? If there is will it affect how the mobile responsive features function?

Thank you

Kindred

Yes. There is..  but yes,  it will
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

njtweb

Quote from: Kindred on June 26, 2019, 08:53:08 PM
Yes. There is..  but yes,  it will

Ok, thank you. Appreciate the response.

skb

SMF 2.1.4 / TP 2.2.2

njtweb

Quote from: skb on June 28, 2019, 06:26:13 AM
For 2.0.15 we were using this Mod. I think it should do what you ask.

https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3905

For 2.1 ref this post

https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=567578.msg4020718#msg4020718

From the images in the mod repository I don't think that's what I'm looking for. I want the menu to be visible as I scroll down the page, always there at the top visible on computers and MACs no matter where on the page visitors are.

Do you have a site I can look at to see it in action?

Thank you

skb

We were using the Mod with 2.0.15. After switching over to 2.1 we don't use it anymore. I think the mod does make the Menu sticky on the top. No harm trying it and uninstalling it if it doesn't work.

SMF 2.1.4 / TP 2.2.2

njtweb

Quote from: skb on June 28, 2019, 11:03:08 PM
We were using the Mod with 2.0.15. After switching over to 2.1 we don't use it anymore. I think the mod does make the Menu sticky on the top. No harm trying it and uninstalling it if it doesn't work.

You're right, was worth trying. It is exactly what I want, does exactly what I want, (and more) except it causes the new hamburger menu to move down in the new responsive curve mod. THe menu moves down and covers the site link breadcrumb.

Advertisement: