News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

How Can I Edit & Remove This Icon In SMF script

Started by Xpresskonami, June 28, 2019, 03:20:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xpresskonami

Please I discovered any time I shared post to social media, my OG-image always show this icon, the icon is located under "Start New Topic" Page. Please how can I removed it. Under which template and how can I identified the code.

Below picture is the pointed arrow of the icon

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

There are better ways to do that. What you are attempting to do, would not solve the problem.
See discussion over at Where to set the image/icon/graphic which is used as a preview on Social Media
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Xpresskonami

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on June 28, 2019, 04:10:51 AM
There are better ways to do that. What you are attempting to do, would not solve the problem.
See discussion over at Where to set the image/icon/graphic which is used as a preview on Social Media

Thanks for the reply. I visit the URL page, I have follows all this steps earlier but still don't work perfectly. So I decide to remove all icons in the template and see if it will work aw well. Tell me where I can locate the icon if you know please...

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

If you remove that icon, it will only be replaced by another icon/avatar/thumbnail, which you would have to remove again, and would again be replaced by another icon/avatar/thumbnail and so on, so on...
You can not solve this by removing icons. Believe me.

Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Xpresskonami

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on June 28, 2019, 07:43:04 AM
If you remove that icon, it will only be replaced by another icon/avatar/thumbnail, which you would have to remove again, and would again be replaced by another icon/avatar/thumbnail and so on, so on...
You can not solve this by removing icons. Believe me.

Anything is possible. Just want to give a trial, I know what am saying. Just indicate which template I can get it.

Kindred

No. You really don't know what you're saying.
Do it the right way,  not the half baked way you are suggesting
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: Xpresskonami on June 28, 2019, 08:05:48 PM
Anything is possible.
I honestly like to think so too, but in this case while it is possible to strip display.template of all icons, you will probably next be asking how do I disable all smilies....
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Kindred

... and then,  all other images used by the theme
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: