News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

IPB 4.3.0 To SMF 2.0 (USERS ONLY)

Started by sc2142, July 01, 2019, 08:55:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sc2142

Hello, How would i go about doing this, All i want to convert over is users if possible. Is there any Automatic/Manual ways to do so?

vbgamer45

There are some convetors at https://github.com/SimpleMachines/converters/tree/master/SMF2.0/Invision
You can try to change the code to just users.

or use the SMF api to just register each user that you had ipb database.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

sc2142

Quote from: vbgamer45 on July 01, 2019, 03:32:42 PM
There are some convetors at https://github.com/SimpleMachines/converters/tree/master/SMF2.0/Invision [nofollow]
You can try to change the code to just users.

or use the SMF api to just register each user that you had ipb database.
Yeah, Registering them manually is not going to work, Ive got close to 1500 members that i need converted, I will check the converters, But if anyone has a converter for IPB 4.x i would appreciate it, Thanks. Im also just trying to convert the members to SMF, I do not have a working DIR of IPB, I tried using IPB Converter 2.2, Using this method https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=556645.0 but it did not work, I get this error:

Sorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of Invision Power Board 2.2. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the Database account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error that was received from the Database was:

vbgamer45

I mean not manually but writing like a php script using the SMF API.

Or we can just try to copy directly the sql from the members tab of IPB to SMF. But you probably will have provide support for the IPB password system inside SMF.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

sc2142

Quote from: vbgamer45 on July 01, 2019, 04:50:27 PM
I mean not manually but writing like a php script using the SMF API.

Or we can just try to copy directly the sql from the members tab of IPB to SMF. But you probably will have provide support for the IPB password system inside SMF.
I mean, If i knew how to write PHP i would do it but i do not. Aha. I would not be to worried about the passwords, I just need the members moved over to SMF, If i could just somehow import all the names and emails and then just have everyone do a forgot password that would be fine.

vbgamer45

If the database is on the same server you can do the following. Just replace the database name. and make sure you have permissions on the database user to access both databases.

INSERT INTO databaseSMFNAME.smf_members (member_name,real_name,email_address,passwd,password_salt) SELECT `name`, `name`, email, members_pass_hash,members_pass_salt FROM databaseIPBNAME.`core_members`

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Maras

I have a problem, something appears

vbgamer45

Please create a new topic for your issue.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: