Curve2

Started by Sir Osis of Liver, July 02, 2019, 12:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biology Forums

Quote from: davejo on August 15, 2019, 05:24:32 AM
Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on July 24, 2019, 12:44:33 PM
but I suppose I'm in the minority of forum users who've never been to FB or Twitter, and don't expect all websites to look the same.

That's now a minority of two as I don't have an accounts of either of them  :)

You're a very small minority. In 2017, Facebook enjoyed 2.01 billion monthly active users.

Kindred

... and it's not that all websites need to LOOK the same -- however, if there is a decent (or more importantly, widely used) interface design -- then it only makes sense to leverage that design, thus making more sites understandable to someone who started with facebook...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Antechinus

Quote from: Study Force on August 15, 2019, 08:32:59 AMYou're a very small minority. In 2017, Facebook enjoyed 2.01 billion monthly active users.

IIRC the world's population is somewhat larger than 2.01 billion, so you're talking about a "very small minority" of approximately 4 billion people. Which, by some people's idiosyncratic standards, might be looking disturbingly like a large majority.

Arantor

And a large number of those people don't have computers and will have no use for Facebook anyway.

Lies, damn lies and statistics - and you can spin that any way you like. Like how 52% of those who voted, voted for Brexit but that was only something like 37% of all the people who could vote, which is also somewhat less than the number of people who are directly affected (like EU citizens here in the UK couldn't vote on their future)

Antechinus

Don't get me started on Brexit. :D

I know not everyone has a computer, but smartphones are surprisingly widespread. I don't use FB or Twitter myself either, although I sometimes visit them if someone has put up something interesting. https://twitter.com/BorderIrish is always good for a laugh.

Dave J

My apologies to one and all, it seems I sent the thread off topic :-[
If you want quizzes to add to the new SMF2.1 quiz mod go here . There are also walkthroughs in the forum to explain how to install them and other tips.

Advertisement: